Sling Blue/Youtube TV (2 Viewers)

We have a quality antenna, FireTv recast for OTA DVR, youtubetv (honestly, only for Fox sports New Orleans.) and Philo and I'm not missing much that Cox had, saving about $70 a month.

One more thing about youtubetv that I like is I have an android box I run it on. I'm able to use a fake GPS app and get any local feed I want using that. Want to watch the game that's airing in New York? Just change your GPS setting and voila.

True, and you cannot dvr the sling feeds for espn. I was going to be delayed watching a MNF game so bought the dvr option on sling. However it only works with certain of the channels. NFLN I don't recall, but ESPN does not allow it.

I don't remember all the exact details, but sling for football was terrible. Basically it isn't worth even trying to get nfl games on it because they can't carry them. You'll need to have other means ultimately.

I've never had an issue with watching NFL games on Sling. Then again, I don't watch much NFL beyond the Saints and I watch the Saints games on the local channel with an over the air HD antenna.

I've never had an issue with watching NFL games on Sling. Then again, I don't watch much NFL beyond the Saints and I watch the Saints games on the local channel with an over the air HD antenna.
That is what I found I was doing. They didn't have any of the games on sling basically. I think I wound up watching the 1 MNF feed, but was very unhappy that I couldn't pause or delay the broadcast. Everything else was either OTA or Amazon prime feed.

I've had YouTubeTV since October, and the only complaints I've had is no NFL Network(I miss GMFB), and that the live feed is about 30 seconds behind cable and over-the-air broadcasts. I like the unlimited DVR, and I recently read a report that 14 new channels(including Comedy Central) are being added this summer.

I've had YouTubeTV since October, and the only complaints I've had is no NFL Network(I miss GMFB), and that the live feed is about 30 seconds behind cable and over-the-air broadcasts. I like the unlimited DVR, and I recently read a report that 14 new channels(including Comedy Central) are being added this summer.

Interesting. If YouTube TV added Comedy Central and a few other channels, I'd gladly switch from Sling. It's not bad, but it's not as good as PS Vue was and it should be better for the price.

I found an article on it: https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/7/2...betv-nickelodeon-mtv-comedy-central-streaming

The best part about both is you can cancel and start up anytime without gimmicks. I cancelled youtube tv for June thru mid August for preseason. I might even just go though all of August and just use the antenna for preseason. That’s a good $150 saved to help offset the steep cost.

FYI, sling won't show you local channels. You'll need to have antenna for that anyway. The ESPN etc won't be on there either. Been there and tried it. YouTube is the one you want for this. Won't get you NFLN, but I refuse to watch that anyway. The games will be on another channel you can watch iirc.
You can get AirTV free for Sling. You just need to buy the AirTV box. Just like any other antenna box.

I have internet that costs 80 a month. Then 2 emby shares for vod 2 live iptv with all channels and ppv which adds 25 bucks

I have internet that costs 80 a month. Then 2 emby shares for vod 2 live iptv with all channels and ppv which adds 25 bucks

what live iptv brand or service do you use? i was looking at premium iptv which boasts 6000+ channels but the majority of channels I saw were broadcast in SD...very few in HD and some local channels were missing/not carried. The 2x was $25 a month (I guess thats two simultaneous streaming/viewing)

I mean the price is nice but only SD broadcast and Im not sure if all my football channels will be there...thats why I was leaning towards youtubeTV

Heads up to YouTube TV users. Comedy Central and other networks were added today. I had to go to my settings to add them to my live guide.

They also announced a price hike to 64.99 starting in July. Still worth it to me though.

Heads up to YouTube TV users. Comedy Central and other networks were added today. I had to go to my settings to add them to my live guide.

They also announced a price hike to 64.99 starting in July. Still worth it to me though.

Got the notice as well. One of these days it might be cheaper to go back on the box than streaming.

I started YTTV in January and was happy with it. But I realized during the pandemic that I really only use it for sports, because I haven't touched it since early March. I might ditch it and just stick with Prime/Netflix/HBO.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom