Sling Blue/Youtube TV (1 Viewer)

YouTube TV now has NFL Network - HUGE!!

NFL Network is not just an add-on.
At least, not on my TV.

When I turned it on yesterday afternoon, I had the option of paying an additional $10.99 with a few extra channels thrown in.
Unless I have to have it to watch a Saints game, I won't be adding it.

Just switched to YouTube TV and still getting used to the interface. I have two questions that I hope someone can help me with.

I've read a couple of articles about fast-forwarding through commercials and I have been able to work that fine on local programming (mosty news) that I watch from my Library after the initial broadcast. However, with some other programs (e.g. The Alienest on TNT) we weren't able to fast forward and those programs originally aired many weeks ago. Are we doing something wrong that is preventing us from fast-forwarding through programs that have already aired?

Also, is there any way to "erase" episodes from the Library for series that you've watched but still are scheduled for upcoming episodes? It's driving my wife crazy to see them in the Library. I've explained to her that it's actually on demand and not really a recording but I'm getting tired of her chirping in my ear about this every single night when she opens the Library!

I actually have NFLN as part of my sports package and I like watching GMFB every now and then. Mostly during the season though. Of course they do air enough games during the season to make it worth keeping, imo.

Kay puts it over the top tho. ❤

NFL Network is not just an add-on.
At least, not on my TV.

When I turned it on yesterday afternoon, I had the option of paying an additional $10.99 with a few extra channels thrown in.
Unless I have to have it to watch a Saints game, I won't be adding it.
Go to your account on a PC or the mobile app. Go to settings, then live guide and make sure there is a check mark next to NFL Network. Yes, there is a sports tier add-on that includes Red Zone, but NFLN is part of the regular package.

Go to your account on a PC or the mobile app. Go to settings, then live guide and make sure there is a check mark next to NFL Network. Yes, there is a sports tier add-on that includes Red Zone, but NFLN is part of the regular package.

Yep. I have NFL N and didn't pay any extra.

Thank you very much

Just switched to YouTube TV and still getting used to the interface. I have two questions that I hope someone can help me with.

I've read a couple of articles about fast-forwarding through commercials and I have been able to work that fine on local programming (mosty news) that I watch from my Library after the initial broadcast. However, with some other programs (e.g. The Alienest on TNT) we weren't able to fast forward and those programs originally aired many weeks ago. Are we doing something wrong that is preventing us from fast-forwarding through programs that have already aired?

Also, is there any way to "erase" episodes from the Library for series that you've watched but still are scheduled for upcoming episodes? It's driving my wife crazy to see them in the Library. I've explained to her that it's actually on demand and not really a recording but I'm getting tired of her chirping in my ear about this every single night when she opens the Library!
I'm not sure I completely understand the questions, but I'll give it a shot.

You can only fast forward through a show you've pre-recorded, or one that you were watching live, but paused, and in that case you can only FF until you catch up to the live feed. There are some shows, and I'm not sure if The Alienist is one of them, that will be saved in your library, but you're really getting their On Demand version. In my case, the CW DC shows aren't available until the day after air(can't watch live) and I can't forward past ads.

You can't remove specific episodes from your library. You can only remove the entire series from your list. That will remove all episodes from the library and won't record any future episodes. It's kinda all or nothing, which is annoying, but you have unlimited space, so isn't like you need to make room for newer recordings.

I'm not sure I completely understand the questions, but I'll give it a shot.

You can only fast forward through a show you've pre-recorded, or one that you were watching live, but paused, and in that case you can only FF until you catch up to the live feed. There are some shows, and I'm not sure if The Alienist is one of them, that will be saved in your library, but you're really getting their On Demand version. In my case, the CW DC shows aren't available until the day after air(can't watch live) and I can't forward past ads.

You can't remove specific episodes from your library. You can only remove the entire series from your list. That will remove all episodes from the library and won't record any future episodes. It's kinda all or nothing, which is annoying, but you have unlimited space, so isn't like you need to make room for newer recordings.
Thanks a bunch! I explained that to my wife but she didn't trust my opinion (why would she after 30 years of taking care of this stuff for her?? [insert eyeroll here]). Glad to have the confirmation.

Regarding the fast-forward issue, from what you're saying it sounds like we have to record it into the Library AT THE TIME OF LIVE BROADCAST in order to fast forward. We just started with YouTube TV last week so I suppose it sees anything that we haven't pre-scheduled to record into the Library as being "on demand" including commercials even if it was previously broadcast. Do I have that right?

Thanks again for your help!

Thanks a bunch! I explained that to my wife but she didn't trust my opinion (why would she after 30 years of taking care of this stuff for her?? [insert eyeroll here]). Glad to have the confirmation.

Regarding the fast-forward issue, from what you're saying it sounds like we have to record it into the Library AT THE TIME OF LIVE BROADCAST in order to fast forward. We just started with YouTube TV last week so I suppose it sees anything that we haven't pre-scheduled to record into the Library as being "on demand" including commercials even if it was previously broadcast. Do I have that right?

Yep

No problem.

The fast-forward issue could very well be what you mentioned, but it could also depend on the show/network. It may take a little experimenting to make that determination. I've had the service for almost a year and am still having to figure some things out.

No problem.

The fast-forward issue could very well be what you mentioned, but it could also depend on the show/network. It may take a little experimenting to make that determination. I've had the service for almost a year and am still having to figure some things out.
Yeah I read that the CW didn't allow FF but, being an old fogie, that network's nt really on my must-see list!

I am in a big pickle. I have been using a fireTv Recast but reception is horrible for a couple. Always WDSU and all of the sudden even Fox. Fox not working during football is a killer. So since I can pickup CBS ok, looks like if I pick up Sling Blue I should be covered for the most part. If the NBC and Fox play the New Orleans broadcast. Is that right? I am trying to go down the list on 506 sports. And does it just use an app on firestick or would I have to play on another device?

edit: I'm seeing I would need blue plus orange, at least for a month to cover both Saints MNF. Still not bad option at 45.

Last edited:
I am in a big pickle. I have been using a fireTv Recast but reception is horrible for a couple. Always WDSU and all of the sudden even Fox. Fox not working during football is a killer. So since I can pickup CBS ok, looks like if I pick up Sling Blue I should be covered for the most part. If the NBC and Fox play the New Orleans broadcast. Is that right? I am trying to go down the list on 506 sports. And does it just use an app on firestick or would I have to play on another device?

edit: I'm seeing I would need blue plus orange, at least for a month to cover both Saints MNF. Still not bad option at 45.
I hit reply to say your plan sounds good except for ESPN MNF, but it showed you edited. And, yeah, you should be able to watch on your Firestick app.

And, for any YTTV users who may have missed this...

Don’t miss the free preview of NFL RedZone from NFL Network. Tune in this Friday, September 11, from 2 pm ET until Sunday, September 13, 11:59 pm ET (no extra steps required). To keep watching after the free preview and to access 6 more action-packed sports networks, add Sports Plus* by simply going to Settings > Membership.​

I find it pretty amusing that the wording makes it sound like there will be any content before Sunday at noon. But, hey, I know how I'll be killing time between 12 and 3:25 Sunday.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom