Sling Blue/Youtube TV (1 Viewer)

FYI, sling won't show you local channels. You'll need to have antenna for that anyway. The ESPN etc won't be on there either. Been there and tried it. YouTube is the one you want for this. Won't get you NFLN, but I refuse to watch that anyway. The games will be on another channel you can watch iirc.

Everyone should get an antenna. The channels it gives you are free and the quality of the picture is better.

Anyone know how things are going with HBOMax? I know that the rollout was considered meh at best. Got an email from DC Universe telling me I can add it to my DCU subscription for $5 a month for the rest of my subscription (I renew annually).

All I know is that HBO Max had more subscribers in it's first month or two then Netflix did in it's first 2 years.

Doesn't Netflix have over 150 million subscribers? I'd say that HBO Max is doing just fine.
But, comparing what HBO Max did in its first few months to what Netflix did in its first 2 years of streaming over a decade ago is like comparing apples and hand grenades. Not even close. Hell, when Netflix started streaming, a lot of people were still using DSL.

But, comparing what HBO Max did in its first few months to what Netflix did in its first 2 years of streaming over a decade ago is like comparing apples and hand grenades. Not even close. Hell, when Netflix started streaming, a lot of people were still using DSL.

And they were using DVDs.

And they were using DVDs.
Right. And, I wasn't sure if Scorp was referring to when Netflix originally started or just when they started moving to streaming but, either way, it's nothing to brag about. Netflix started streaming in 2007 when most people barely had the bandwidth to consider that as a viable option.

Right. And, I wasn't sure if Scorp was referring to when Netflix originally started or just when they started moving to streaming but, either way, it's nothing to brag about. Netflix started streaming in 2007 when most people barely had the bandwidth to consider that as a viable option.

So are you saying that the trend doesn't matter because of when Netflix started?

And, that's fine, but to dig that deep to an age before streaming was a normal thing just screams that they are spinning lackluster numbers.

I agree and disagree. Netflix is king and they're showing that they are doing better in their infancy over them but your point has merit.

I agree and disagree. Netflix is king and they're showing that they are doing better in their infancy over them but your point has merit.
But, again, Netflix's infancy was also the infancy of streaming(if the numbers are comparing HBO Max's to when Netflix started to stream). It's a false equivalency. We are in an age of streaming in 2020. Netflix couldn't even sell that concept to Blockbuster. That's how far we've come since they started.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom