Sling Blue/Youtube TV (2 Viewers)

Anyone know how things are going with HBOMax? I know that the rollout was considered meh at best. Got an email from DC Universe telling me I can add it to my DCU subscription for $5 a month for the rest of my subscription (I renew annually).
Biggest complaints I've seen:
1. No 4K content, which is pretty ridiculous to me considering it's 2020, and their stand-alone pricing.
2. Limited Smart TV availability and not on Roku or Firestick.
3. The UI.

1 and 2 are deal-breakers for me. However, the deal you mention sounds pretty good considering the sheer amount of content they offer.

I don't even want any of those channels. When I got the email yesterday and saw what channels they were adding I was miffed that I have to pay $15 more a month for stuff I don't want. At least I have two more months before the price change and I'll make the decision then.

And I already have that CBS+ app or whatever it's called too which I really like.

The one I was interested in was Comedy Central. I also like that you get streams of local channels and the YTTV interface is far superior to Sling. I was actually planning to switch to YTTV when they got Comedy Central but I don't think I'm willing to pay $15 more per month for YTTV than I pay for Sling. Although I really do hate Sling's user interface.

Biggest complaints I've seen:
1. No 4K content, which is pretty ridiculous to me considering it's 2020, and their stand-alone pricing.
2. Limited Smart TV availability and not on Roku or Firestick.
3. The UI.

1 and 2 are deal-breakers for me. However, the deal you mention sounds pretty good considering the sheer amount of content they offer.

Yikes. I'm torn.

The one I was interested in was Comedy Central. I also like that you get streams of local channels and the YTTV interface is far superior to Sling. I was actually planning to switch to YTTV when they got Comedy Central but I don't think I'm willing to pay $15 more per month for YTTV than I pay for Sling. Although I really do hate Sling's user interface.
I switched from Sling to YTTV and it's far superior. The unlimited DVR is nice too. It's just getting too expensive. I may go back to Sling or just go with over the air tv and Netflix, Amazon, etc. for other stuff.

or just go with over the air tv and Netflix, Amazon, etc. for other stuff.

If the CBS reception wasn't so bad here in my apartment with my antenna, this would be my route. I would probably include an Amazon Recast for DVR of my OTA stations.

If the CBS reception wasn't so bad here in my apartment with my antenna, this would be my route. I would probably include an Amazon Recast for DVR of my OTA stations.
Same here but it's Fox 8 for me. And they have the Saints games so...

They raised the rate because they just added the TimeWarner/Viacom/CBS channels.

Yea, I saw that. I also didn't want those to begin with. Anyways, I'll be going OTA for a while. I'm not really interested in anything other than local channels. I have reception issues from the mountain transmitters whenever we get rain.

Just got this from Sling:
1593633920510.png

yeah, it feels like it was designed 20 years ago...i also have audio/video sync issues when i use the dvr function but they are mostly fixed by pausing or fast-forwarding a little

I seem to have to force stop the app and then clear the cahe a lot with Sling. Usually because it locked up or won't let me access content for some reason. I

I switched from Sling to YTTV and it's far superior. The unlimited DVR is nice too. It's just getting too expensive. I may go back to Sling or just go with over the air tv and Netflix, Amazon, etc. for other stuff.
I've been on YTTV for the last year or two. Cancelled yesterday after another insane price increase.

I seem to have to force stop the app and then clear the cahe a lot with Sling. Usually because it locked up or won't let me access content for some reason. I

Mine likes to get hung up between episodes. It’s not enough of a hassle for me to change it though. Seems I’m about as minimalist as it gets as far as TV.

I've been on YTTV for the last year or two. Cancelled yesterday after another insane price increase.

It seems like if you want content, they (the communications conglomerates in general) will get you one way or another... Honestly, if i wasn’t getting such a low price from Uverse right now, i think i might just get rid of cable and use my old rabbit ears to get OTA channels.. between that and surfing Youtube , SaintsReport and whatever else online, would be enough to entertain me.. In the past, the main reason i didnt cut the cord was because i was afraid i’d have to miss out on live sports, but in today’s world that’s obviously far less of a concern.

Mine likes to get hung up between episodes. It’s not enough of a hassle for me to change it though. Seems I’m about as minimalist as it gets as far as TV.

I was probably going to switch to YTTV, but not with the additional $15 per month.

I may cancel when the price increase hits me in August. I was ok at $50/mo. but a $1`5 increase for channels I don't want is why I cut the cord in the first place and likely will when the price increase hits me at the end of August. Too many other options for pennies compared to this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom