"Slot WR" (1 Viewer)

We are an elite team when it comes to creating mismatches from the slot. You have options like CGM, Cook, Kamara, and now Sanders. It’ll be fun to see which guy motions to the slot as Brees identifies the coverages during the prenap adjustments.

He's usually spent a majority of his time lined up outside, if I'm not mistaken, though he definitely can operate out of the slot.

Call me greedy, but I still think Justin Jefferson in the 1st would put the cherry on top for this offense, and he'd get to work out of the slot - where he dominated last season - with Thomas and Sanders on the outside and Cook at TE. Throw in a healthy Kamara and it would be an embarrassment of riches for Brees.

I get that we have more pressing needs, and it will depend on who's there when we're on the clock. But I can dream.

He's usually spent a majority of his time lined up outside, if I'm not mistaken, though he definitely can operate out of the slot.

Call me greedy, but I still think Justin Jefferson in the 1st would put the cherry on top for this offense, and he'd get to work out of the slot - where he dominated last season - with Thomas and Sanders on the outside and Cook at TE. Throw in a healthy Kamara and it would be an embarrassment of riches for Brees.

I get that we have more pressing needs, and it will depend on who's there when we're on the clock. But I can dream.

He moved more to the slot recently. Obviously he isn't limited to it. There are plenty of articles on his time in the slot. Here is a solid example:

Here's more tinfo during the 2018 preseason:

Sanders is and has been a great slot receiver but also played a lot outside. His usage was a little different last season so probably isn't the best indicator of what positions he should play.

If you want to create a scenario for taking a slot player in the draft, though, you could argue Sanders would be a fine tutor to learn behind for a year or two.

Last edited:
Sanders is and has been a great slot receiver but also played a lot outside. His usage was a little different last season so probably isn't the best indicator of what positions he should play.

If you want to create a scenario for taking a slot player in the draft, though, you could argue Sanders would be a fine tutor to learn behind for a year or two.
That's an awesome point about the Sanders signing. He and Thomas can move around and play from both the inside and outside. If we draft a WR, it really doesn't matter where they fit in. As long as the draft pick is better than every Saints WR not named Thomas or Sanders, the options will be plentiful.

Justin Jefferson is not the only slot wr that could pay dividends for this team.

There are several other pure slots like

Lynn Bowden Jr.
Darrell Stewart
Maurice French
Jauan Jennings
James Proche
Devin Duvernay
Joe Reed
Mason Kinsey
Kristian Wilkerson
Malcom Perry

Last edited:
Sanders played about an even amount of snaps in the slot/outside when he was with the Steelers.

He played the majority amount of snaps on the outside with Denver. The outlier was 2018 when he spent a little more time in the slot, but it was still about 60:40 ratio.

Sanders can play anywhere and run any route just like Michae Thomas.

Im not gonna lie,

I really like Justin Jefferson but just not in the first over some of the bigger outside guys, especially since Sanders is in the house.

But this is an incredible year not just for wrs, but also SLOT wrs.

Beyond Jefferson, Stewart, Ffrench, Kinsey and Perry are my favorites.

Malcom Perry might be the most intriguing of all because he never played wr in college but he can be groomed to take over for Sanders on the PS.

The kid ran for 2017 yds last year and even scored a 58 yd td in the shrine game.

He has Barry Sanders-esque short quarters quickness but also has tremendous speed as well.

He can truly be the next Antwan Randle-El

The beauty of Ffrench, Kinsey, Perry and Stewart is that they are all projected late rounders--UDFA but could possibly start for a team.

Mason Kinsey isn't far behind some of the top guys in athleticism and played well in the shrine game

Kristian Wilkerson had a 6.68 3 cone which would have placed 2nd at the combine and a 4.46 40. He was also very productive in the FCS.

Here is one guy tagging saints fans about Malcolm Perry presumably to replace Taysom as the gadget player.

This is the Barry Sanders/Peter Warrick play style that I mentioned:

This run was completely insane.

Im not gonna lie,

I really like Justin Jefferson but just not in the first over some of the bigger outside guys, especially since Sanders is in the house.

But this is an incredible year not just for wrs, but also SLOT wrs.

Beyond Jefferson, Stewart, Ffrench, Kinsey and Perry are my favorites.

Malcom Perry might be the most intriguing of all because he never played wr in college but he can be groomed to take over for Sanders on the PS.

The kid ran for 2017 yds last year and even scored a 58 yd td in the shrine game.

He has Barry Sanders-esque short quarters quickness but also has tremendous speed as well.

He can truly be the next Antwan Randle-El

Now THAT was fun. Taysom II

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom