Slow Starts (1 Viewer)

There are two routes on the play, both of which take time to open up, when your throwing a ball on a deep shot you take a deep drop, If you don’t believe me, go watch Brees deep throws in last. It’s standard procedure to take a 7-9 step drop when your throwing the ball 40 - 50 yards down the field.

Watch The reply on it, he cant throw it sooner, the play takes time to develop and his drop and loading up to throw is in absolute perfect sync where he should be to release the ball in the route.

the blocking failed 200% Payton would be the first to say it too.
The blocking did not fail. You can’t expect to hold the ball for four seconds. Especially when the receiver clearly has 1-on-1 and leverage to the spot to which he’s running.

See for yourself.

That was 100% on Taysom. He held the ball for 3.94 seconds.

That was a one-read throw and Taysom knew where Harris was going. He could’ve thrown that almost a full second sooner and it would’ve been a TD.

for reference here is the play. He’s running a post corner route.There are only two routes on this play and it’s designed to get the post corner open, Hill could not have thrown it any sooner for a completion. 6 blockers only were able to block 3 defenders. Sorry that isn’t on Hill
View attachment trim.6DDAA4F0-5E5B-441A-96F1-DED418A9354F.MOV

Attachments

• trim.9B3DC6E8-CFC6-43E0-9378-D5CE4E80C7A7.MOV
    5.3 MB
The blocking did not fail. You can’t expect to hold the ball for four seconds. Especially when the receiver clearly has 1-on-1 and leverage to the spot to which he’s running.

See for yourself.

This is a very very convenient freeze frame of the play. In real time it doesn’t work like that, in the photo oh yea he has 1 on 1 leverage and open with hill “double clutchin” but this is a freeze frame. Hill has to throw the ball in real time as he’s breaking on this, which he was, the defender got on him because no one blocked him AT ALL.

See for yourself.

I’ll agree to disagree with you but when I see a defender run free hitting a QB when there are 6 guys to block up on 3 defenders and that free runner, I’m not blaming the QB on that.

This has been discussed before. But they’re starting to become a problem for us offensively, especially in the playoffs.
But then again, the current Super Bowl champions fell behind after slow starts in every round of the playoffs, on their way to winning it all last year. So maybe it's not how you start, but how you finish.

This is a very very convenient freeze frame of the play. In real time it doesn’t work like that, in the photo oh yea he has 1 on 1 leverage and open with hill “double clutchin” but this is a freeze frame. Hill has to throw the ball in real time as he’s breaking on this, which he was, the defender got on him because no one blocked him AT ALL.

That was almost four seconds into the play.

Again, he HAS to know to get rid of the ball sooner. The replay angle they showed behind him after the throw made it much, much worse.

Guys watch any of Taysom’s long distance throws. He had a strong arm but because of his small hands he has to get body moving forward with crow hop to get distance on throws like a javelin thrower. Most QBs can throw the long ball with just their stride. Combine that with his slow reads on progressions, this is a big reason why I don’t think he is going to be a big success as a passer in the NFL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom