Small forward and center (1 Viewer)

weightlifter316

Kevin Gates 4 President
Reaction score
We need to draft one of these positions and start them from day 1 if possible. Aminu and Lopez offer absolutely nothing other than defense and rebounding.

Otto Porter, Shabazz Muhammad, Glenn Robinson III, Cody Zeller, or Alex Len. I'm so tired of the same 4 players scoring in double figures and nobody else doing anything (Davis, Gordon, Anderson, and Vasquez). We really need someone to pick up the slack at SF, where most of the top scorers in the league are but someone like Zeller would be a nice addition at center. FWIW I think Lopez would be a perfect backup center. Zeller, Lopez, Smith, Davis, and Anderson would be a great front court.

We need to draft one of these positions and start them from day 1 if possible. Aminu and Lopez offer absolutely nothing other than defense and rebounding.

Otto Porter, Shabazz Muhammad, Glenn Robinson III, Cody Zeller, or Alex Len. I'm so tired of the same 4 players scoring in double figures and nobody else doing anything (Davis, Gordon, Anderson, and Vasquez). We really need someone to pick up the slack at SF, where most of the top scorers in the league are but someone like Zeller would be a nice addition at center. FWIW I think Lopez would be a perfect backup center. Zeller, Lopez, Smith, Davis, and Anderson would be a great front court.

I know Dell said that a PG is a high priority as well. I'm hoping they draft a SF that can score and pick up a good PG in the offseason. Throw a good center in there as well :hihi:

I know Dell said that a PG is a high priority as well. I'm hoping they draft a SF that can score and pick up a good PG in the offseason. Throw a good center in there as well :hihi:

We need a SF in the worse way. As far a center goes if Lopez can somehow get some toughness down on the block we would be good. Aminu can do good coming off of the bench but he is not starting material. Dude has one of the uglies jump shots I have ever seen. :covri:

We need a SF in the worse way. As far a center goes if Lopez can somehow get some toughness down on the block we would be good. Aminu can do good coming off of the bench but he is not starting material. Dude has one of the uglies jump shots I have ever seen. :covri:

It's really hard to argue Lopez with the contract he's playing on lol. You'd swear Aminu only played against 7ft+ tall defenders the way he shoots his jump shot :covri:

It's really hard to argue Lopez with the contract he's playing on lol. You'd swear Aminu only played against 7ft+ tall defenders the way he shoots his jump shot :covri:

I think his contract may be able to be good trade bait. Aminu needs to shoot jump shots all summer all day everyday.

The Hornets are getting next to nothing from the small forward position. If Monty doesn't address this in free agency or the draft it could eventually cost him his job. Aminu is a bench player not a starter.

Don't be surprised to see the Pelicans holding their top three draft prospects ranked as (1) PG/SG Marcus Smart, (2) SF Otto Porter and (3) SF - Shabazz Muhammad. If they pick top 2 they get Smart, 3 or 4 Porter and 5 or 6 Shabazz. They have free agent money to go after a center, possibably Pekovic or Al Jefferson.

A lot of poeple seem to think it's a given that the Pelicans will make some major trade to get a top PG to New Orleans but I don't see it. IMO the PG situatiohn will be the same next year. Vasquez, Roberts/Rivers. Assuming we don't land Smart in the draft.

It wouldn't shock me to see a 2013-2014 roster simliar to

PG - Vasquez - Rivers - Roberts
SG - Gordon - Rivers - (?-fa)
SF - Porter(r) - Budinger(fa) - Miller
PF - Davis - Smith - Amduson or Thomas
C - Pekovic(fa) - Lopez

Al Farouq is way too much of a liability. Yeah he gets some rebounds but his bone head plays and lack of scoring is really killing the team!

Don't be surprised to see the Pelicans holding their top three draft prospects ranked as (1) PG/SG Marcus Smart, (2) SF Otto Porter and (3) SF - Shabazz Muhammad. If they pick top 2 they get Smart, 3 or 4 Porter and 5 or 6 Shabazz. They have free agent money to go after a center, possibably Pekovic or Al Jefferson.

A lot of poeple seem to think it's a given that the Pelicans will make some major trade to get a top PG to New Orleans but I don't see it. IMO the PG situatiohn will be the same next year. Vasquez, Roberts/Rivers. Assuming we don't land Smart in the draft.

C - Pekovic(fa) - Lopez

Holy crap that line up would be nice as hell!!

C - Pekovic(fa) - Lopez

Demps said PG is a high priority this season so we will see... I hope it's not Vasquez starting next season, hell, I'd rather see Rivers start at PG because of his defense alone. Seriously, Vasquez is terrible.

Demps said PG is a high priority this season so we will see... I hope it's not Vasquez starting next season, hell, I'd rather see Rivers start at PG because of his defense alone. Seriously, Vasquez is terrible.

Vazquez is not terrible. He is not quick but he is leading all PG's with 24 double-double and is leading in assist a game. His biggest problem is dealing with quick point guards. He would be perfect coming off of the bench.

Vazquez is not terrible. He is not quick but he is leading all PG's with 24 double-double and is leading in assist a game. His biggest problem is dealing with quick point guards. He would be perfect coming off of the bench.

How many PGs aren't quick? I'm fine with him coming off of the bench. Fans get caught up in his stats but the eye ball test, he's not the future... Like I said, I'm glad Demps mentioned it because they are at least aware of it.

How many PGs aren't quick? I'm fine with him coming off of the bench. Fans get caught up in his stats but the eye ball test, he's not the future... Like I said, I'm glad Demps mentioned it because they are at least aware of it.

True but even then he presents match up problems for them as well since he is a bigger PG. Dude has improved tremendously from last year and his contract is really cap friendly. If he comes off the bench and can give you 15 quality minutes I am all for that. As far as the stats go he is doing this on a team that has one scorer (Anderson) and a max contract player that plays rarely.

As far as the stats go he is doing this on a team that has one scorer (Anderson) and a max contract player that plays rarely.

Don't you think that helps him a bit considering our scoring options are slim? His physical stature helps him on the offensive side, no doubt. His defense requires help just about all the time which causes our bigs to leave their man and end up being wide open. I'm not saying I don't want him on the team, he would be a pretty good backup. Just not as a starter...

Demps mentioned trying out GV at the 3 also. Like I said before, I hope we pick up a good PG.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom