Small school cheap DT prospect. (1 Viewer)

FWtex

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
http://www.hamptonpirates.com/roster.asp?playerid=71&sport=1

Kendall Langford 6'6" 294lbs from Hampton U. Always worry about whether the small school guys can compete with the bigs but with that height it would be worth a workout. If he can't get to the QB he could at least shut down the passing lanes on his side.

late round/UDFA??

The player who lasted less than one day at training camp despite being endlessly hyped on this board.

I get ya now.

I don't think there is much comparison. Thomas was a character risk. Langford is a 4 year starter, BIO said he went to Hampton for the education. Seems pretty stand up. Has great size, worth taking in the middle to later rounds.

Last edited:
I'm really not comparing the two I just wanted a reason to resurect the all time greatest "Beast".

:D

I'm really not comparing the two I just wanted a reason to resurect the all time greatest "Beast".

in the tradition of Onome Ojo. :rofl: I had actually forgotten about Walter Thomas. I agree with rlemieux--this guy looks like a much better prospect.

And we know he was one of the boards biggest beasts. And I'm not allowed to say anything, cause I bought into it too.

Here is what NFLdraftblitz had to say on Langford

Kendall Langford is a very good athlete and already has an NFL body. Like most small school prospects, he has to work on his technique and his playing strength. Langford will take time to develop, but has an enormously high ceiling. He excels in the classroom, so he has the capacity to learn quickly. Whoever drafts him will have to be patient with him at first, but the more he learns how to be a pro it will pay off big time. In the same mold of the Cowboys’ Jay Ratliff, but has longer arms. With a solid senior season, Langford should go on the first day of the 2008 draft.

Smart kid from a small school. Go ahead and fit him for a jersey, that is the Saints MO.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom