Small school sleepers (2 articles) (1 Viewer)

Nothing says Saints more than drafting a small school guy who ends up being perpetually injured.

Dayummm... 6'6" 260 and moves like a receiver. Wonder if he can block at all and what his 40 time will be. Couldn't find any info on if he is participating in a pro day. Projected UDFA and just the type to garner some "camp beast" chatter. Color me intrigued!
It would be worth a 7th round pick to see if he can run routes well enough to be a possession, slot receiver. He wouldn't have to be the fastest, he would need to get open and catch the ball. Need a guy like that for halftime of game 1 after MT goes down for the season.

Rashee Rice from SMU is a potential diamond. Good size and speed. Velcro hands and makes the easy and difficult catch consistently. Love to have saints grab him.
CBS has him rated as a late, 3rd round pick. When I play with mock drafts, I pick him if he's there in the 4th.

He was accused of rape 3 years ago. Did he stand trial? Was he convicted? Not trying to brush off a very serious crime but false accusations do happen. Even if it wasn't false, was it a case where the victim withdrew consent the morning after?

He was accused of rape 3 years ago. Did he stand trial? Was he convicted? Not trying to brush off a very serious crime but false accusations do happen. Even if it wasn't false, was it a case where the victim withdrew consent the morning after?
Exactly. I’m looking for a trial, plea bargain, something.

The school determined through their investigation that he did something? WTH are they and what legal right do they have to make that determination?

I agree. I just saw the article and shared, I’m not implying he’s guilty or innocent.

The school determined through their investigation that he did something? WTH are they and what legal right do they have to make that determination?

Schools do their own investigations, usually under a similar “personal conduct policy” that the NFL has. They very often do not expel students - especially athletes - regardless of the findings. The fact that they did expel him after their investigation says a lot. Enough for me to sincerely hope this man does not come to the Saints.

This is separate from whatever legal action the survivor chooses to take. If she didn’t want to go through the grueling process of litigation, which in and of itself is extremely traumatic for survivors, then she doesn’t have to, and without her testimony a DA is unlikely charge.

Last edited:
I didn't know about multiple charges.
It looks like 4 years ago, so maybe that's in his past. I still would do a very extensive background check if your gonna use a draft pick on this kid. Maybe UDFA.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom