Smart-phone based payments (e.g. Apple pay) (1 Viewer)

A lot of the new credit cards have an RFID chip in them so you can just tap them at checkout instead of putting them in the machine. That's useful.

I don't particularly want Apple (or Google) to have a record of all my transactions.

I try the tap to pay every now and then and it never works. Maybe because I'm left handed?

I try the tap to pay every now and then and it never works. Maybe because I'm left handed?

That's certainly a deficiency, but not necessary related here. Are you sure your card has tap to pay? Only one of mine does so far.

Okay, how would being left handed affect tapping? Which I use all the time and can’t remember having any issues.

Your card can be held in either hand, right?

More likely, you’re being too fast with the “tap”. You have to pause for just a second or two.

That's certainly a deficiency, but not necessary related here. Are you sure your card has tap to pay? Only one of mine does so far.

Yeah I think that’s the problem (tap to pay, not handedness).

Another question - I go to a place that takes Apple Pay but doesn’t take AmEx. My main card is an AmEx and it’s what my Apple Pay uses . . . so basically I can use my AmEx at a place that doesn’t take AmEx.

It sort of makes sense but usually places don’t take AmEx because they don’t want to pay the higher fees. I’m not sure how that all works with Apple Pay.

I use the heck out of Apple Pay, to the point I carry only my phone with my debit card and drivers license stuck in the case anymore just for those rare occasions I need them. I don’t even know where my wallet with all my physical cards is at. Apple Pay is actually much more secure, so much so that Apple Pay charges less to use than standard card swipe because the security is so good. (So I’ve read, don’t have any confirming knowledge). Yet, for some reason I can’t get my wife to even try it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom