Smell like a grownup thread (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I'm in my 40s and basically my whole life I've just bought whatever bath soap Costco has or whatever my parents then later wife bought and never thought much about it. Recently I got pulled in by a Facebook ad for fancier artisan soap and thought, what the hell, I work for a living. I'm not in high school. Why not just try a fancy soap and see how it goes? And I did and it's amazing. It smells so much better and feels better. I smell like a damn pine forest after a summer rain. The down side is my wife then decided she wasn't going to tolerate mass produced soap either and now she's buying fancy soap at some boutique, so the move is costing me some money.

But anyway, this hygiene renaissance got me thinking that maybe I should evaluate my deodorant needs and spend a couple more bucks for something nice and distinctive. Anyone ever go "off-brand" on deodorant and had good results? Is that even something people do, or is it best to just stick to the big boys there?

I'm in my 40s and basically my whole life I've just bought whatever bath soap Costco has or whatever my parents then later wife bought and never thought much about it. Recently I got pulled in by a Facebook ad for fancier artisan soap and thought, what the hell, I work for a living. I'm not in high school. Why not just try a fancy soap and see how it goes? And I did and it's amazing. It smells so much better and feels better. I smell like a damn pine forest after a summer rain. The down side is my wife then decided she wasn't going to tolerate mass produced soap either and now she's buying fancy soap at some boutique, so the move is costing me some money.

But anyway, this hygiene renaissance got me thinking that maybe I should evaluate my deodorant needs and spend a couple more bucks for something nice and distinctive. Anyone ever go "off-brand" on deodorant and had good results? Is that even something people do, or is it best to just stick to the big boys there?

What soap is this because now I kinda wanna smell like a pine forest after a summer rain.

What soap is this because now I kinda wanna smell like a pine forest after a summer rain.
Dr. Squatch is the brand. I recommend finding a special on a 5-pack and just trying to see what you like. Wood Barrel Bourbon was pretty good. Alpine Sage sounds like it might be your jam though.

Amazon product ASIN B09JVRYZPD

Any that smell like napalm in the morning?
I don't know. Haven't tried them all.

But in looking at their website for this here thread, I see they make deodorant, so I might have just answered my own question.

Just saw this too, so if you're into that sort of thing....

I use Dove Men's bar and deodorant. I also used to use the discount brands, but the wife told me at some point in time, if I used something she liked the smell of that I would be glad I switched.

I called her bluff, and she wasn't bluffing.

Money well spent if you ask me.

Everyone's mid life crisis is a little different.

It's kind of seasonal, what she has on hand, but this place makes a great anise-based anti-fish smell soap and a bug-repellent soap that's worked quite well for me.

The Christmas lineup smells delicious.

This outfit has also been good to me, as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom