Smoke Monday (1 Viewer)

CGJ was a 2nd - 3rd round draft prospect that fell to us in the 4th. Smoke is UDFA and was projected to be UDFA. Could he bring the same energy? yes but the likelihood is much lower.

It’s a shame we can’t retain a lot of the talent we’ve drafted and groomed. One of the struggles of being in cap hell.

Last edited:
CGJ was a 2nd - 3rd round draft prospect that fell to us in the 4th. Smoke is UDFA and was projected to be UDFA. Could he bring the same energy? yes but the likelihood is much lower.

It’s a shame we can’t retain a lot of the talent we’ve drafted and groomed. One of the struggles of being in cap hell.
This is why I don’t like paying WRs and RBs big money. Without a good QB and OL, they can’t succeed anyhow… and you can only pay so many guys.

So what if he was UDFA? Brady was a
6th round draft pick. You know the scouts do get it wrong at times.
As to retaining talent, welcome to the new NFL. Most teams in the future will only be able to retain a few elite players. The days of the Niners, Cowboys and Patriots dynasties are a thing of the past. Look at the parity right now for proof. Every team has flaws due to lack of elite talent at key positions.

So what if he was UDFA? Brady was a
6th round draft pick. You know the scouts do get it wrong at times.
As to retaining talent, welcome to the new NFL. Most teams in the future will only be able to retain a few elite players. The days of the Niners, Cowboys and Patriots dynasties are a thing of the past. Look at the parity right now for proof. Every team has flaws due to lack of elite talent at key positions.
He very well could be a UDFA steal that pans out, we’ve seen Ireland do it before with WRs and RBs, but statistically speaking it’s a much lower likelihood than a 2nd-3rd round draft prospect which is why I’m going to have realistic expectations for smoke, just making the active roster as a UDFA would be a feat in itself but we’ve yet to see that since he got injured so early.

We offered to make him the highest paid slot corner in the league. We didn’t lose him because of cap hell for sure

He very well could be a UDFA steal that pans out, we’ve seen Ireland do it before with WRs and RBs, but statistically speaking it’s a much lower likelihood than a 2nd-3rd round draft prospect which is why I’m going to have realistic expectations for smoke, just making the active roster as a UDFA would be a feat in itself but we’ve yet to see that since he got injured so early.
Junior Gallete was also a nice find as well.

He actually matches his energy. He reminded me of Ceedy when we drafted him.
That's what I thought too. He brings the same energy, but we'll have to see if he can provide similar coverage and run support skills in the NFL. His injury came pretty early on to know much, but Mathieu vouched for his skills and off the field work before he went down

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom