Smoking Brisket - need help (1 Viewer)

Good job! Looks great..By the way do you clean your grill as in what the meat sits on? It looks brand new.

I bought a new grate this morning, before starting. I wanted one with the flaps on the side so I could add charcoal and smoking chunks.

BTW, I had a couple of friends over. That's the end of this brisket. Gone in 10 minutes. Everyone had seconds.

Yes, that is beautiful. I bet it had an excellent taste. Nicely done!

Anybody here do brisket hot and fast? There are some who swear by it and swear they can get it tender and juicy by doing it that way. I've only ever done it the low and slow way, keeping temps b/w 225-250.

Anybody here do brisket hot and fast? There are some who swear by it and swear they can get it tender and juicy by doing it that way. I've only ever done it the low and slow way, keeping temps b/w 225-250.
I haven't, but i've read a book on it and they mention it's pretty nice.

How would you get the smoke flavor other than artificially? If I'm going to spend the money for a brisket, I'm certainly not going to try taking any shortcuts.

How would you get the smoke flavor other than artificially? If I'm going to spend the money for a brisket, I'm certainly not going to try taking any shortcuts.
Especially todays prices. I saw a brisket at my grocery the other day for $350!!! I will say it was Wagyu but still $350 bucks…

On a side note, sauces. I have always made my own or doctored the Sweet Baby Rays. A few weeks ago I made some of the Alabama White sauce…. Solid. Very much enjoyed it.

Especially todays prices. I saw a brisket at my grocery the other day for $350!!! I will say it was Wagyu but still $350 bucks…
I have a local butcher I use that has really good stuff and decent prices, but he's a bit out of the way for me. I use him when I'm buying any premium cuts that I intend on grilling like ribeye, filet or brisket. Not necessarily for the quality or the price, but because he's always honest about the quality of what he has. He's given me discounts on stuff that he wasn't happy with, but when I prepared it, it was still fantastic. The past couple of times I tried to get brisket though, he's been out so I tried another local butcher that's in town. They wanted 11.50/lb for theirs and for a 15lb brisket there's no way I'm paying that price when I can go to Rouses and get almost as good for nearly half that. I wouldn't even think about asking their price for Wagyu.

Going to keep an eye on this thread. A faster cooking brisket is intriguing, but I'm dubious. Not to mention cutting out a huge part of "nah, babe, can't help out today - keeping the fire at temp". And beer drinking.

My guess would be reverse sear it like a tri tip.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom