Snake on my screen porch (1 Viewer)

1d7663f10282a81752c35bbe255e4d76.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

150803145603-flame-thrower-demo-780x439.png

Here is a stock picture of what they look like if you have never had one in your yard. I think it's the woodpecker woody the woodpecker is drawn from.

If I looked up and saw a snake in the tree I'm pretty sure do some combination of scream or poop my pants or run faster that usain bolt outta dodge

Now for a quick threadjack: What happened to Woody Woodpecker?

He was never on the level of a Bugs Bunny or Mickey Mouse but he was in the next tier of cartoons when I was really young

Then he just disappeared. I'd be surprised if kids today even knew who he was

Here is a picture of my pup Bijou catching a lizard yesterday on porch where the snake was. She hunts lizards on that porch every day when we let her out. Bijou likes her food moving. She is a born little hunter, she would have made a great retriever for little birds like dove or woodcock.

I have no doubt she would have gone after the snake. I assume she would have won, but got bit for sure in the process.

My other cavalier is the exact opposite, she likes to stay inside mostly. They are a super gentle and affectionate breed for anyone with kids (although the lizard population in my back yard might take issue with that description).

Attachments

• bijou lizard.jpg
    bijou lizard.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Here is a picture of my pup Bijou catching a lizard yesterday on porch where the snake was. She hunts lizards on that porch every day when we let her out. Bijou likes her food moving. She is a born little hunter, she would have made a great retriever for little birds like dove or woodcock.

I have no doubt she would have gone after the snake. I assume she would have won, but got bit for sure in the process.

My other cavalier is the exact opposite, she likes to stay inside mostly. They are a super gentle and affectionate breed for anyone with kids (although the lizard population in my back yard might take issue with that description).

Your porch is a reptile holocaust.

You should put the heads of the snake and the lizard on toothpicks outside of the porch door. I'm sure it would send a not-so-subtle message to the rest of those cold-blooded varmints.

Your porch is a reptile holocaust.

You should but the heads of the snake and the lizard on toothpicks outside of the porch door. I'm sure it would send a not-so-subtle message to the rest of those cold-blooded varmints.

She actually let that lizard go, it's this catch and release thing she has with lizards. That one ran off and she got mad it got away. Most of the other ones she lets go really don't fare that well.

It's not just reptiles. We get frogs in the pool. The true frogs she does fine with eating them. The toads are poisonous to chew on but as sweet as Bijou is, she is dumb as a brick, and continues to eat the toads even though they make her sick (as a proverbial dog).

Last edited:
Yeah, doesn't look like one of the safe Indian Babysitter snakes. Doesn't have the hood.

xcRjwz2.gif

She actually let that lizard go, it's this catch and release thing she has with lizards. That one ran off and she got mad it got away. Most of the other ones she lets go really don't fare that well.

It's not just reptiles. We get frogs in the pool. The true frogs she does fine with eating them. The toads are poisonous to chew on but as sweet as Bijou is, she is dumb as a brick, and continues to eat the toads even though they make her sick (as a proverbial dog).
We get all kinds of wildlife in the pool. Squirrels, voles, moles (die you vermin swine &%$#@) toads, and even a bat. I fished the bat out of the skimmer thinking he may be a goner, but after 5 mins or so of shaking out his wings and drying off, he flew away seemingly none the worse for wear.

We get all kinds of wildlife in the pool. Squirrels, voles, moles (die you vermin swine &%$#@) toads, and even a bat. I fished the bat out of the skimmer thinking he may be a goner, but after 5 mins or so of shaking out his wings and drying off, he flew away seemingly none the worse for wear.
How do you entice moles into the pool? Because I'm to the point of trying anything. My backyard is one giant maze of tunnels and I catch one, I have 3 more show up. Killed my veggie garden this year...had to reset my fire pit pavers twice since they love to travel under the edges.

Vermin for sure which is why I don't kill the snakes. I actually have a pic of another racer peeking out a mole tunnel on my other phone. Unfortunately he did little to eradicate...think he just used as refuge ...squatters rights lol

How do you entice moles into the pool? Because I'm to the point of trying anything. My backyard is one giant maze of tunnels and I catch one, I have 3 more show up. Killed my veggie garden this year...had to reset my fire pit pavers twice since they love to travel under the edges.

Vermin for sure which is why I don't kill the snakes. I actually have a pic of another racer peeking out a mole tunnel on my other phone. Unfortunately he did little to eradicate...think he just used as refuge ...squatters rights lol

My friend, if I only knew what lured them into the pool... We have several touring cats in the neighborhood who drop by once or twice a week but they're sleek, shiny, and somewhat pudgy house cats and not really interested in moles/voles on a cold foggy morning. They'd rather torment our two cats who sit in the window seat looking enviously outside.

I've resorted to poison (Tomcat, which is available on Amazon works well) I know it's not kind, but nothing else has worked except the snake and I think he only needs to eat 1-2 times a week. I just make sure the poison is down inside the tunnels and not on the surface where other animals can get it.

It is a constant battle.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom