Snake on my screen porch (1 Viewer)

st dude

The dotless one
Super Moderator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I was on the phone in my bedroom and then saw this guy on my screen porch. I figure by the looks of him he is a copper headed black mamba water rattler. Since its on the porch where my pups play I couldn't take any chances it was a "good" snake and had to whack him. My little St Charles spaniel loves to chase lizards and frogs, so I have little doubt my pup would have gone after snake and got bitten.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    142.5 KB · Views: 54
Took him out with my old Adams two iron hybrid. Looking at his belly, I think it's a black southern racer snake. Anyone got any other ideas? Definitely not a moccasin or cotton mouth. Wrong shape and no pattern.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    147.5 KB · Views: 17
And then this morning I heard this hammering in one of my trees that sounded like I had a caroenter nailing wood in my tree. I knew it was a pileated woodpecker because I get them in my yard every now and then and no small woodoecker can make that loud of a sound.

I finally saw him and tried to get a picture but he was very skittish. He flew to a couple trees in my yard and kept flying away when I would get close enough to get a picture. I know it was a he because I could see his picker. :D.

Here is a stock picture of what they look like if you have never had one in your yard. I think it's the woodpecker woody the woodpecker is drawn from.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    44.5 KB · Views: 319
Am I seeing 2 bite marks?

No, that's just marks made when he got pinched between golf club and bricks. I really did not want to whack him but he was big enough to hurt my pups and I didn't want him to raise family of little snakes in the shrubs by my porch.

Took him out with my old Adams two iron hybrid. Looking at his belly, I think it's a black southern racer snake. Anyone got any other ideas? Definitely not a moccasin or cotton mouth. Wrong shape and no pattern.

before the crazy snake lovers of this board come and try to justify why blah blah snake is good for nature.. i love dead snakes.

Poor little guy he probably chased a mouth or rat in there, those are good to have around

Looks like you took the sensible approach and didn't go this route:

hqdefault.jpg

I think it's the woodpecker woody the woodpecker is drawn from.

You're not St the Dude. It's not Roger the Rabbit or Bugs the Bunny. It's Woody Woodpecker. If you continue to malign his name you WILL hear from his lawyer. You think Chuck has better things to do with his time than represent cartoons? He doesnt.

before the crazy snake lovers of this board come and try to justify why blah blah snake is good for nature.. i love dead snakes.

Not a snake lover. Just a pest hater. I'd rather have the occasional black racer then a bunch of rats.

BTW why you like dead snakes? I mean, a racer isn't exactly a threat to you or your pets. Maybe you just need to swab that vag and accept that you live in nature, not vice versa :mwink:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom