Snakes and pools (1 Viewer)

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
We just got the 4th snake out of our pool in the last 6 weeks. 2 have been water snakes and 2 cottonmouths. We also had a king snake in our pool house last week but let him hang around in the flower beds.

Is there anything that I can do to prevent them from coming up in the pool?

O.k. someone HAS to do a Samuel Jackson, Snakes in a Pool! photochop ( w/mongoose)

Sorry, I don't have much experience with owning pools to have any actual suggestions that I have tried myself. Quick Google search turned up granular sulphur (not good for kids, pets ect) it supposedly burns their soft under-bellies. Thick hemp rope... which probably doesn't work worth a crap, or a good pool net that you have to stretch across every time you get out of the pool. I would probably look into the pool net & just trying to get rid of their habitat. Keep lawn cut short, no wood piles, leaky pipes ect. Or just get a freakin Mongoose man... cause that WOULD be $$$

Cobra vs. Mongoose....

cobra-mongoose.jpg

Last edited:
Buy a big box of moth balls and spread them out around the pool or where ever you want them to stay away from.

Buy a machine gun then walk into your back yard with it fully loaded every night and squeeze the trigger while spinning around in circles.

Fox urine, cover scent, It keeps squirls out of the camp.

Buy a big box of moth balls and spread them out around the pool or where ever you want them to stay away from.

Yep this is my suggestion as well.... AFTER getting a mongoose of course.

Only problem with that, your pool area smells like mawmaw's closet...:smilielol:

Copperheads and coral snakes kill cottonmouths....right? Get a few of each, scatter them around the yard, PROBLEM SOLVED. I've got a bunch of copperheds that live around the van. I'd be happy to bring you a few!!!

The mongoose is the reason why there are no snakes on the entire island of St. Croix. Not a single one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom