Snap count vs. Bucs (1 Viewer)

Elliss 3 snaps, we basically played the whole game in nickel and dime defense

Interesting that Trautman had seven snaps - good to see him in the game right away.

Latavius Murray was in on 23 snaps and carried the ball 15 times. I know Sean said it was one of his worst games as a playcaller, that stat really shows it.

Hate to see Swearinger at 49% of Defensive snaps. He's good at special teams, but a liability in coverage (penalties and coverage).

Hate to see Swearinger at 49% of Defensive snaps. He's good at special teams, but a liability in coverage (penalties and coverage).

With the Bucs strength at TE, I think the bigger DBs (big nickel) were in the mix most of the game. PJ Williams is having hamstring issues, isn't that why he was inactive? Swearinger was next man up.

Love it, thanks. This tells me that we're going to be in nickel/dime for most of the year, and explains why Baun was a scratch. I think he'll eventually make his way onto the field, but it'll be situational. I wouldn't worry about Swearinger getting that many snaps. When PJ returns, those snaps will go to him. When we go dime with these 4 safety sets, we should be able to disguise really well. 3 of our 4 safeties can cover the slot and are strong run defenders, and PJ is showing to be a natural safety. This should be really fun to watch once he hit our stride.

Love it, thanks. This tells me that we're going to be in nickel/dime for most of the year, and explains why Baun was a scratch. I think he'll eventually make his way onto the field, but it'll be situational. I wouldn't worry about Swearinger getting that many snaps. When PJ returns, those snaps will go to him. When we go dime with these 4 safety sets, we should be able to disguise really well. 3 of our 4 safeties can cover the slot and are strong run defenders, and PJ is showing to be a natural safety. This should be really fun to watch once he hit our stride.

In the post-game analysis, Underhill wrote about both the use of heavy dime and the quality of the secondary. Such a good start for them!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom