Snap Counts: Using three safeties has become the "base" defense for New Orleans Saints (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
Our 2013 defense is back. I would gladly accept the same results.

RetroMcBananaFace

AKA: retrobanana
Reaction score
I'd accept slightly worse results, that was the #4 defense in the league that year. With the way our offense is playing, I'd be fine with middle of the pack.

mountaineerdude

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Hold your horses there buddy .... our CBs were able to hold WRs on the outside and our front 4 were able to get to the passer in 2013 .... the current defense is no where close to that .... it was a good win against the 9ers but not a satisfying one as they had 473 yds of total offense and 398 in the air ...

wyrmer

Aboard the crazy train
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well we are doing better on defense, ranked 25th. 7 spots up from last year with a ton of injuries this year. Not great but definitely better and pointed in the right direction.
We're ranked 30th, not 25th. Stop looking at total yards and start looking at yards per game, bye weeks screw up the stats otherwise.

LombardiGras

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
There were a few busted coverages during the 49ers game I wonder if it had to do with confusion between assignments of the 3 safeties.

RiverRat

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
If you've got a KV the 3 safety look is virtually genius. We're a pass rusher away from elite. I really think so.

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We're ranked 30th, not 25th. Stop looking at total yards and start looking at yards per game, bye weeks screw up the stats otherwise.
Lol, only one defensive stats that matter is ppg. I think we are 31st at that.

JackT.

was Jake from State Farm
Reaction score
If it's all the same, I'd accept slightly better results. :scratch:
2013 defense caused tons of pressure. They're not doing that yet
Hold your horses there buddy .... our CBs were able to hold WRs on the outside and our front 4 were able to get to the passer in 2013 .... the current defense is no where close to that .... it was a good win against the 9ers but not a satisfying one as they had 473 yds of total offense and 398 in the air ...
not sure but how I read the post I was thinking that he was talking about how the defense was very bad the year before but rose up unexpectedly to be better than anyone thought they would be. But I could be wrong.

duckjr78

Look out, its FrankenBaby
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The Saints' 11 best defenders easily includes all three safeties. In fact, it currently includes Moore and Webb as well.

Bring back a healthy PJ Williams and add an edge rusher and the 2017 nickle, dime, and dollar defenses are very, very nice!

SquiggyFreud

All-Pro
Reaction score
Yardage means zero...points for and against do...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom