Snap Counts: Using three safeties has become the "base" defense for New Orleans Saints (1 Viewer)

I'd accept slightly worse results, that was the #4 defense in the league that year. With the way our offense is playing, I'd be fine with middle of the pack.

Our 2013 defense is back. I would gladly accept the same results.

Hold your horses there buddy .... our CBs were able to hold WRs on the outside and our front 4 were able to get to the passer in 2013 .... the current defense is no where close to that .... it was a good win against the 9ers but not a satisfying one as they had 473 yds of total offense and 398 in the air ...

Well we are doing better on defense, ranked 25th. 7 spots up from last year with a ton of injuries this year. Not great but definitely better and pointed in the right direction.

We're ranked 30th, not 25th. Stop looking at total yards and start looking at yards per game, bye weeks screw up the stats otherwise.

There were a few busted coverages during the 49ers game I wonder if it had to do with confusion between assignments of the 3 safeties.

If you've got a KV the 3 safety look is virtually genius. We're a pass rusher away from elite. I really think so.

We're ranked 30th, not 25th. Stop looking at total yards and start looking at yards per game, bye weeks screw up the stats otherwise.
Lol, only one defensive stats that matter is ppg. I think we are 31st at that.

Our 2013 defense is back. I would gladly accept the same results.

If it's all the same, I'd accept slightly better results. :scratch:

2013 defense caused tons of pressure. They're not doing that yet

Hold your horses there buddy .... our CBs were able to hold WRs on the outside and our front 4 were able to get to the passer in 2013 .... the current defense is no where close to that .... it was a good win against the 9ers but not a satisfying one as they had 473 yds of total offense and 398 in the air ...

not sure but how I read the post I was thinking that he was talking about how the defense was very bad the year before but rose up unexpectedly to be better than anyone thought they would be. But I could be wrong.

The Saints' 11 best defenders easily includes all three safeties. In fact, it currently includes Moore and Webb as well.

Bring back a healthy PJ Williams and add an edge rusher and the 2017 nickle, dime, and dollar defenses are very, very nice!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom