Snead (1 Viewer)

i think he will get some targets this week, redskins have have up like 10 passing tds in the past 4 weeks like the most in the league. Im sure Drew and Sean will game plan to attack their secondary early.

I know this might not be the most popular opinion and I'm not simply trying to be negative, but I feel like this season will be Snead's last with the Saints. I think there was something to be said when we didn't offer him a contract extension after his very solid last 2 seasons.

Forget that he has 1 reception and 11 yards in 4 games. He has only been TARGETED 3 times.

I know this might not be the most popular opinion and I'm not simply trying to be negative, but I feel like this season will be Snead's last with the Saints. I think there was something to be said when we didn't offer him a contract extension after his very solid last 2 seasons.

Forget that he has 1 reception and 11 yards in 4 games. He has only been TARGETED 3 times.

I'm also getting this feeling. This is a contract year for him and he's been non-existent for the most part.

Remember when Snead was catching everything under the sun? He couldn't miss a catch if he tried. Now, I can't remember the last time Drew targeted him. I think the Saints are realizing that they can move the chains just fine without him, so why pay him a big contract?

Even though we have been running more you would think he would have gotten more targets than he has. I hate the fact that he is just about invisible receiving wise he was a great weapon for us. Things started bad when he wasn't getting the reps during training camp and preseason. The DUI arrest suspension and then the injury has all derailed Snead's season so far. I hope he can start to regain some form and bounce back it sure would be nice to have him catching passes again.

Why does it matter?

b/c at some point we will need a sure bet 3rd down conversion - that's Snead's role
also on his most recent podcast Underhill was talking about how in one game this season, it was almost a "tell" that we were running when Snead was in the line-up (i think it was 12 out 18 snaps Snead was in were running plays)
that creates possibilities to exploit, but it also creates some bad 'in the box' scenarios if Snead is not a legit target

I'm also getting this feeling. This is a contract year for him and he's been non-existent for the most part.

Remember when Snead was catching everything under the sun? He couldn't miss a catch if he tried. Now, I can't remember the last time Drew targeted him. I think the Saints are realizing that they can move the chains just fine without him, so why pay him a big contract?

Even if they realize they can keep moving the chains without him why not use him now and benefit. I don't think we would just leave a teammate by the wayside and just forget about them. Willie was way to productive to just not even try to squeeze some productivity out of him. It's only half way through the season we will need him at sometime during the last half. It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out with Snead this off season but for now use every bit of him you can. Even if you don't want to pay a big contract that won't matter until this year is done so it shouldn't matter or have any bearing on this year.

Invariably, the Snead discussion goes back to this - which means this is about the third thread on it since the Bills game. But if any film review of the last few games shows that Snead is in the game very often. He's doing an outstanding job of blocking on runs and screens. And he's in the pattern in different personnel packages.

So if he's on the field so much, why isn't he getting targets? Is the answer that Sean or Drew or both are intentionally not throwing to him? I just don't think that makes a lot of sense. So if that's not the case, what else is going on? I think the answer is that Snead joined the offense in week six, and is running routes that are just lower on the totem pole, and later in the progression. Michael Thomas is still Alpha Dog, Ted Ginn is having his best season. Brandon Coleman has won Drew's confidence and is making plays, and the Tight Ends are doing a great job when called upon. Then, when you add to that that Alvin Kamara is being used all over the formation and is always going to be a high priority on the progressions/reads, and given his production we're going to try to get him the ball. Kamara has 42 receptions - second on the team.

I'm still not buying that Snead's lack of targets is deliberate because we "don't want to use him" or he's "still in the doghouse". I think he's a late add to our 2017 offense that is substantially different than what we have seen in the previous two years where Snead played a bigger role. If we start to see less production from the run, or if teams become better at taking Kamara out of the scheme, I suspect we will see Snead's looks increase.

In the meantime, he's blocking his *** off and doing a great job. The contract is not on anybody's mind at the moment, I don't think. Except maybe his agent.

I don’t really think that train of thought is “negative”. Prior to this season, Snead was a big part of this offense. He got himself into some trouble, forcing SP and Drew to find ways to be successful without him, which they have. Thomas is Thomas. Ginn Jr and Coleman have come on strong. Huge credit to Coach Johnson with helping those two become assets. Kamara has proven he can run AND catch out of the backfield. He can also line up wide. We also have TLL and Carr who we haven’t seen much or any of. We do t know what we have in those guys, just yet. I wouldn’t say we have a “plethora” of receiving talent. But we certainly have enough to make Snead expendable if the team chooses to go that route.

Even though we have been running more you would think he would have gotten more targets than he has. I hate the fact that he is just about invisible receiving wise he was a great weapon for us. Things started bad when he wasn't getting the reps during training camp and preseason. The DUI arrest suspension and then the injury has all derailed Snead's season so far. I hope he can start to regain some form and bounce back it sure would be nice to have him catching passes again.

I agree with all of this. I don't think he's not getting targets be design I think he's just not getting open.

i think he will get some targets this week, redskins have have up like 10 passing tds in the past 4 weeks like the most in the league. Im sure Drew and Sean will game plan to attack their secondary early.

That's my guess as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom