Saint_Ward

Saint_Ward

The Great Eye is ever Watchful
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
i still need to unbox mine.
The first thing I bought afterwards were controller cable extenders, so it's more comfortable to play.

Zelda was a bit more of a challenge than I remembered. Metroid is still pretty easy for me. I probably like the PS1 version of FFIII better, just because you can sprint for free without having to buy the sprint boots.

A lot of these games still hold up. The only one that really looks weird to me is Mario Kart. Wow, it's so flat.

OP
OP
Saint_Ward

Saint_Ward

Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Always a big fan of nostalgia. I bet buzd bought like six of those things.
I actually played mine for a couple hours on Easter Sunday. Everyone was humming or whistling along with FF3. Told them it was catchy...

Rickboy

Nom Nom Nom Nom.. me hungry for a SuperBowl
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yesterday I was in a used book/CD/Video game store and was shocked to see three NEW NES Classics behind the counter. I admit I was tempted to buy all three and flip two of them on Ebay but I resisted. I bought one that my son and I could enjoy. This morning he was introduced to Super Mario. We had a lot of fun with it.

Quick question though, is there a good wireless controller I can get for this thing or should I just go with the extension cords? Those cables are super short..

Here's my boy, Carpenter, enjoying his first game of Super Mario

Assemble

RIP Zack Lee
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Rickboy

Nom Nom Nom Nom.. me hungry for a SuperBowl
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
View: https://www.amazon.com/Buffalo-iBuffalo-Classic-Gamepad-BSGP815GY/dp/B06XWD8QQJ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1530725094&sr=8-1&keywords=buffalo+game+controller

I use this one on my Rpi. The cable is over 6 feet and I have never run into a situation that it is too short. Given the size of the monitor you are using you probably wouldn't either. The buttons and pad have maintained great functionality as well. I am assuming that the units are usb?
Unfortunately, the Classic NES is not using USB.

I have the SNES classic, and got the extension cords.
Yea, I think I'm going to go ahead and do that. Maybe I'll consider wireless in the future. I guess it depends on how much my son and I play with it.

OP
OP
Saint_Ward

Saint_Ward

Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The cords are cheaper, don't need batteries, and I've used the wireless, they're good, but at times I felt like there was an occasional delay.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom