N/S SNF: Bills @ Chiefs (1 Viewer)

I'm also not letting myself get obsessed with a certain target number esp. right now. I truly am more concerned with the health aspect so that helps me with the "will power". I do want to lose and I think I will if I make more good habits stick. I've kicked sodas and even having Splenda in tea or coffee and that was a big one.
Everyone is different but for what it's worth I lost 100 lbs over 2 and a half years just making those little changes. I wouldn't even say I'm keto, so much as I eat keto when I can and I do the primal thing mostly (lower carb but not necessarily low carb, it allows for up to 150 grams of carbs a day but does want you to eschew grains), and then other times just eating what I wanted too because I was in situations where the diet wasn't practical and I didn't have any allergies or diseases that meant I couldn't eat those things. The biggest thing I've found for myself is to realize that everyone has their own pace, and sure you can do some unsustainable diets (I even have a personal recommendation on that one if you want but it sucks in terms of practicality) but you have to realize when something is sustainable for you and when it isn't. Once you get into your groove you'll be fine. Honestly it sounds like you're already there from what you've said. I am also a big fan of intermittent fasting, but that's not necessarily a weight loss strategy as much as it's an eating schedule that may or may not have some health benefits. I'm sure there's another thread for this but we're talking about it now so I thought I'd let you know.

Everyone is different but for what it's worth I lost 100 lbs over 2 and a half years just making those little changes. I wouldn't even say I'm keto, so much as I eat keto when I can and I do the primal thing mostly (lower carb but not necessarily low carb, it allows for up to 150 grams of carbs a day but does want you to eschew grains), and then other times just eating what I wanted too because I was in situations where the diet wasn't practical and I didn't have any allergies or diseases that meant I couldn't eat those things. The biggest thing I've found for myself is to realize that everyone has their own pace, and sure you can do some unsustainable diets (I even have a personal recommendation on that one if you want but it sucks in terms of practicality) but you have to realize when something is sustainable for you and when it isn't. Once you get into your groove you'll be fine. Honestly it sounds like you're already there from what you've said. I am also a big fan of intermittent fasting, but that's not necessarily a weight loss strategy as much as it's an eating schedule that may or may not have some health benefits. I'm sure there's another thread for this but we're talking about it now so I thought I'd let you know.
There is a keto thread on EE. Also a fasting thread.

Little place called Sho Nuff up here. We got a number of BBQ places but this one I love the best because they don't drown in sauce. I don't want to feel like I'm drinking BBQ sauce.

Love the name

Little place called Sho Nuff up here. We got a number of BBQ places but this one I love the best because they don't drown in sauce. I don't want to feel like I'm drinking BBQ sauce.

I don't like too much sauce either

Oh, man, I just had the bestest mostest tenderest brisket yesterday. I dunno how this guy does it. He gives us sauce but I never use it (even before keto).
my Dad makes the most amazing brisket that he has perfected over several years. extremely tender and perfectly seasoned. no sauce required! Today we spent the day sampling gumbo at a festival in New Iberia though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom