SNF ratings for huge Cowboys/Rams game has to ring the alarm bells for the NFL (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s not what I meant. At its height, cable news can only get around 4 million. In a ratings dip, MNF gets 10 million and Sunday Football gets 25 million.
That’s the difference.
That's funny cause this says that there was far less than 25 million...

And this year will be no different.
I guess it takes a few weeks of terrible ratings before the truth finally reveals itself. But I'm ok with that ... I guess everyone needs an adjustment period. I don't thing negatively of anyone on this board. Y'all have a good night.

That's funny cause this says that there was far less than 25 million...

Bucs/Saints drew 25.9 million.
And the SNF game drew nearly 20 million when digital is added.

If the NFL has decided it doesn't care about the initial hit they are gonna take to ratings, I applaud them for it. Standing up for human rights is NOT a political issue. As I said above, even if the drop was 100% about the social justice issue, this is as bad as it will get. If you weren't P'Oed off enough to boycott this weekend, what's gonna make you do it next weekend or the weekend after that.

Don't think it has anything to do with antitrust laws. I think it's just that high school and college football are what feed the love of football in America. And it would hurt NFL ratings to go up against high school and college football. I mean, Friday night in general has always been a bad time slot for TV. Plus, there are places that the NFL would lose the ratings war against college football. That's probably true for most of the South.

It is in fact part of the agreement that the NFL and the Federal government made to give the NFL an anti-trust exemption.

Crafted by Congress in 1961 after a court decision determined that the practice of selling TV rights for the entire league violates antitrust laws, the Sports Broadcasting Act has a key caveat for the NFL — no games can be televised on Friday nights or Saturdays from the second Friday in September until the second Saturday in December.

LINK

I guess it takes a few weeks of terrible ratings before the truth finally reveals itself. But I'm ok with that ... I guess everyone needs an adjustment period. I don't thing negatively of anyone on this board. Y'all have a good night.
I don't know why you want so much for ratings to be bad lol. I mean I do...you've made your beliefs quite transparent plus it's the main talking point our current President loves to point at; a point that no one asked for.

The NFL is doing great, whether you want so bad for them to fail or not lol. Revert that energy to actually hoping we win a Super Bowl, assuming you're even still a fan of our annoying, loudmouth, unpatriotic players lol

Down a whopping 28% in key demographics from last year's opening SNF game.
I'm not watching many games only my team if its' competitive and maybe the bengals once or twice.

I heard that every game except the Saints vs Bucs game underperformed the first week’s ratings from last year. If true, that should be worrisome.

I heard that every game except the Saints vs Bucs game underperformed the first week’s ratings from last year. If true, that should be worrisome.
It will keep happening week after week and people will continue to say that I'm a racist or anyone else who says the same thing.

Sure there will be a game or two each week that will outperform from a previous year, but the fact remains that a significant amount of people have given up on the professional "woke" sports agenda.

It is easy to look up.

2 games up. 5 games down. Take out the boring Monday Night Football matchups, and it’s a 3.8% decrease from last year. Most of the decrease was the difference in MNF (Saints-Texans vs Giants-Steelers and Broncos-Raiders vs Broncos-Titans). Also the Titans opener was the only one to decrease in 2019, so they are probably a bad ratings draw.

Could be people boycotting. Could be people just don’t have time to watch (I missed every Saints game the Katrina year because it was the only time I could work on the house.) So with a pandemic, wildfires, protests, and hurricanes all going on at the same time, I’m pretty sure it’s not one thing affecting the ratings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom