SNF ratings for huge Cowboys/Rams game has to ring the alarm bells for the NFL (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tuned out when they said they’re playing the black national anthem and the national anthem. I don’t need to hear racist politics with my football.
but its ok for the nfl to do the whole patriotic thing only if the military is paying then to do so, but that's not political.. lol..

If being down 16% on Sunday night is a mass boycott, then that thing is over before it began. There are many reasons why they could have been down, so I doubt it's all the boycott. In the local market, where supposedly people are "fed up and never watching again", the Saints drew a ridiculous 63 share.

No one gives a crap about the Cowboys outside of the sports media. Maybe the NFL will learn that someday.

Saints/Bucs broke ratings records on the same day.

So with all the bs back and forth and excuses or spin on the numbers...the fact is the ratings are down
Now let's see if that continues or if it's just a one week slump
Either way my beliefs remain firm

Assume the ratings are down. And I think they are. So?

I don't doubt that some are upset over political messaging. But except for Sunday's Saints game, I have watched little football, as well as other sporting events, for non-political reasons. For me, watching a football game without fans doesn't take my mind off Covid-19 and the other crazy things happening in this country, but rather reminds me of the pandemic. In short, unless I have unusual interest in a game, I find watching a sporting event without fans is depressing. Nothing the NFL can do about that.

So with all the bs back and forth and excuses or spin on the numbers...the fact is the ratings are down
Now let's see if that continues or if it's just a one week slump
Either way my beliefs remain firm

My honest opinion is I think this is as bad as it ever gets. If the last month hasn't P'Oed you off enough to stop watching, what's gonna happen any worse?? People will slowly come back, or if the ratings is not because of the boycotts, they will come back after the NBA playoffs.

Polls on this particular issue have changed since 2017. People just aren't as upset at the kneeling anymore.

C24513AF-C939-48B8-8927-87F8ED4BE636.png
Here’s everything else on cable that night. MNF by far beat everything and it wasn’t close. In Key Demos, MNF beat everything by a father margin.
Jesus the wrestling ratings are horrible now. Guess the WWE is going out of business.
Seriously why did people quit watching WWERAW?

I tuned out when they said they’re playing the black national anthem and the national anthem. I don’t need to hear racist politics with my football.

I mean, the National Anthem isn't THAT racist. Just a little. But, I respect your decision to boycott it. Stay woke.

My honest opinion is I think this is as bad as it ever gets. If the last month hasn't P'Oed you off enough to stop watching, what's gonna happen any worse?? People will slowly come back, or if the ratings is not because of the boycotts, they will come back after the NBA playoffs.

Polls on this particular issue have changed since 2017. People just aren't as upset at the kneeling anymore.
Why do you assume I've stopped watching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom