Snoring (1 Viewer)

mic57

Veteran Starter
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hello EE. My girlfriend tells me I snore like the sound of an 18-wheeler driving down the highway. Also I do wake up more than once or twice during the night. I was about to purchase one of those jaw altering mouthpieces i have been seeing the commercials for. They sell for around $65.00.
I was wondering if anyone has tried the mouthpieces and if they work. The reviews i have looked up are not very helpful.
I have tried adding an extra pillow, change sleeping positions, lost some weight, etc. But i am told i still sound like a wide open chain saw while asleep.

Before I can give a response I need answers to two questions:

1) Do you sleep with your windows open?
2) Do you live next to a busy highway or interstate?

No its very quiet where i live.

I had the same problem and bought the zQuiet mouthpiece...it took a few days to get used to the mouthpiece...mouth sore, teeth pain, etc. but according to my wife it works like a charm.

I had the same problem and bought the zQuiet mouthpiece...it took a few days to get used to the mouthpiece...mouth sore, teeth pain, etc. but according to my wife it works like a charm.

Thanks, im inclined to go ahead and give the mouthpiece a try.

Thanks, im inclined to go ahead and give the mouthpiece a try.

Just ease into it...a few hours at a time. It took mine about two weeks to soften up and mold to my bite. The first few nights you will be tempted to throw it away but just take it out after a few hours and give your mouth a break.

BTW...If your GF enjoys your oral skills, just remember to remove it before going downstairs...:hihi:

Hello EE. My girlfriend tells me I snore like the sound of an 18-wheeler driving down the highway. Also I do wake up more than once or twice during the night. I was about to purchase one of those jaw altering mouthpieces i have been seeing the commercials for. They sell for around $65.00.
I was wondering if anyone has tried the mouthpieces and if they work. The reviews i have looked up are not very helpful.
I have tried adding an extra pillow, change sleeping positions, lost some weight, etc. But i am told i still sound like a wide open chain saw while asleep.

talk to your doctor and consider getting a sleep study done if nothing else has worked

Mouthpiece works like a charm. Only thing that helped me after trying stuff for ten years.
Only problem with me is that I have serious nasal congestion and have to keep taking nose sprays to keep the nasal passages open. I can feel the difference the next morning after getting plenty of oxygen during the night.

talk to your doctor and consider getting a sleep study done if nothing else has worked
I agree with this. Sleep Apnea is no joke.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom