Snow (1 Viewer)

Semper

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Wow so Ieft Pearl River LA 18 years ago and have yet to see what I thought would be a ton of snow in one snow fall. However Ijust got this off the local news website:

TUESDAY, Feb. 5, 2008, 1:35 p.m.
By Tom Held
Area totals could reach 14-18 inches
If you're pondering a wager on this coming snowstorm, bet heavy on at least 12 inches and throw some long-shot money on 20, at least in some areas of southeast Wisconsin.
The low-pressure system moving north and east from the Missouri Valley has been sucking up impressive amounts of moisture as it moves toward Milwaukee, raising the stakes for a powerful mid-winter storm.
Snow and rain have been falling in parts of Iowa this afternoon and the system will pick up its snow-making intensity in Wisconsin later tonight. From 10 p.m. to 8 a.m., the storm will deliver one to two inches of snow per hour, according to Bill Borghoff, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Sullivan.
Borghoff said lighter snow will start falling in the Milwaukee area about 4 p.m. and the storm will pick up the pace as the evening turns into night.
The prevailing wisdom among the forecasters puts the totals around Milwaukee at 14 to 18 inches, with upwards of 20 in isolated pockets.
"It's a very significant storm," Borghoff said.
The latest radar images show the leading edge of the storm moving into southwestern Wisconsin.

I think this would be significant. I want to come home...

Snow:
mt_baker_snow.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom