Snowing like crazy in Kansas (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
at noon local -- it looks like 6 to 8 inches...it's hard to tell because the wind is drifting it.

We are getting more this afternoon.

So far, power is on and satellite TV and internet are good to go -- I think it's because the snow is light and dry. No ice...no sleet.

Airport is closed -- all schools and Fort Leavenworth were announced to close YESTERDAY afternoon -- the afternoon before the storm, which is unusual.

Yeah, we got that yesterday. Boulder only got maybe 4 inches, but it was pretty heavy. CU refuses to ever close campus. One time, it was -10deg all day and we were something like the only Univ. west of Mizzou to be open during that storm.

My son goes to Johnson County Community College in Kansas and they "sanely" announced it was closed yesterday afternoon....that was so wise.

Thunder-Snow

We've been getting it all day; pretty freaky actually. Thunder, lightning, and ice pellets. I have to drive to STL in the AM, hope the plows have the highway cleared. :covri:

I live close to Lansing -- out near 20th street -- I work up there -- I am in the old USDB complex, if you know where that is.

Yeah, I know exactly where you work and live. Suspect post will be closed tomorrow as well. We will see.

Umm, it doesn't get cold there; I thought it did before I left, but no it really doesn't. I really need to get back to the south.

i long for snow. these 2 weeks of winter kills my psyche. i need the cold, gray, bleak winter to help me appreciate the green of spring and the sizzle of summer. havent had that in a while. damn you al gore.

at noon local -- it looks like 6 to 8 inches...it's hard to tell because the wind is drifting it.

We are getting more this afternoon.

So far, power is on and satellite TV and internet are good to go -- I think it's because the snow is light and dry. No ice...no sleet.

Airport is closed -- all schools and Fort Leavenworth were announced to close YESTERDAY afternoon -- the afternoon before the storm, which is unusual.

Well hang in there KC, please be safe in that weather. Best to you and your family. Take care!!!

It's good so far -- no power loss -- not even satelite internet has gone out.

Going down to help my wife feed her horses...we have a 2 hour delayed report time...so life is good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom