Snowpiercer (1 Viewer)

For those not in the know. The Snowpiercer TV show is based on a movie of the same name. Long ago, someone came up with the theory that it was really a sequel to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I'm not sure that the theory is correct. But it is amusing.

WARNING THIS LINK WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS ABOUT SNOWPIERCER

Anyway, below is the link it you are interested. Not sure if the TV Show and movie are the same story, but the stuff in the link will spoil the Snowpiercer movie and likely the TV show so don't click if you don't want to know the entire story.

https://news.avclub.com/folks-let-s-do-this-snowpiercer-is-a-sequel-to-willy-1829467096

Last edited:
I caught the movie the other day on Netflix. There were some good scenes (Happy New Year!) but for the most part I was MEH on the entire movie from Start to Finish. I am not sure how long the TV Show can keep the storyline fresh and ongoing.

I was coming here to post this.

Watched the first episode last night. Pretty good. I don't remember there being 1001 cars in the movie. or a smaller train under the train..lol

Watched the first episode last night. Pretty good. I don't remember there being 1001 cars in the movie. or a smaller train under the train..lol

the "1,001 cars long" is from the original graphic novel from the early 1980s

After an environmental catastrophe induces an ice age, humanity occupies a 1,001-car train called the Snowpiercer. As the story begins, a man named Proloff is quarantined after escaping from the rearmost cars, and is joined by a woman named Adeline Belleau: herself part of a movement to integrate the members of the back railway cars, who live in squalid conditions, into the rest of the train. Trying to rescue Proloff, Belleau is placed under quarantine with him. The two are eventually called to meet Colonel Krimson, passing through several different cars of the train. As they advance, Proloff and Belleau observe fresh fruit, vegetables, and meat, luxuries which they believed extinct.

at first, I was like ok this can't be a prequel must be a reboot, there is no Mr Wilford. then boom..

I predicted who was going to be on that train at the very end. I also predicted the Mr. Wilford twist earlier in the season. I'm looking forward to season 2.

Chris Evans is so dreamy

he’s my number three behind Ryan Gosling (so far ahead of #2 it’s not funny) and Ryan Reynolds.

Ive been an ardent Chris Evans fan since Not Another Teen Movie. My #1 guilty pleasure film.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom