Snowquester: Storm threatens DC area with double-digit snowfalls (1 Viewer)

Well that was a dud. The kids had the day off and we played in the wet snow for about 5 minutes before realizing the effort was futile. Looks like another winter without a real good snow. Blah.

Well that was a dud. The kids had the day off and we played in the wet snow for about 5 minutes before realizing the effort was futile. Looks like another winter without a real good snow. Blah.

Yep. I am right by DCA and we had zero accumulation.

But apparently it all depended on where you were. Fifty miles west of DC had 10 to 17 inches.

Yep. I am right by DCA and we had zero accumulation.

But apparently it all depended on where you were. Fifty miles west of DC had 10 to 17 inches.

Yeah, here in Vienna, only 10 miles or so away from DCA, we got a couple of inches, but the snow was weird. Pick up a handful and make an instant rock hard snowball. Painful, ugh!

At least the federal gov't had another day off for no reason.

We got 21" here in the mountains south of Front Royal. Finally got my truck dug out.

I knew we were in trouble when Al Roker and Stephanie Abrams showed up in town.

I was pretty shocked they called for the day off. Pretty bad judgement on their part.

Well to be fair, the forecast was reiterated by the NWS through the early morning - and called for 5 - 10 inches in the city with the peak snowfall during morning rush hour.

I don't think they has a choice.

Same thing happened here last week. Blizzard watch, blah, blah, blah. And to be fair 35 miles to the west or northwest they had a blizzard. We stayed just above freezing thru the thing. If all the rain that fell would have been snow it would have been a whole lot.

It was 70* here today and 84* at some podunk town in the panhandle.

Well to be fair, the forecast was reiterated by the NWS through the early morning - and called for 5 - 10 inches in the city with the peak snowfall during morning rush hour.

I don't think they has a choice.

Yea, you're right. Thing is, this isn't the first time. They tend to err too much on the high side every time something like this comes along.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom