Snowquester: Storm threatens DC area with double-digit snowfalls (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The mid Atlantic is gearing up for their biggest snowfall of the season. The storm may virtually shut down air travel to Washington D.C. by Thursday and make many of the white monuments and the White House virtually invisible under the sheet of heavy snow.

A trough of low pressure is diving out of Canada this week that will bring paralyzing snowfall from Minneapolis to Chicago where over a foot of snow is expected. While snowfall in those locations isn't unusual, the storms next stop is for so late in the season: Washington. Current model indications are that over a foot of snow could from northern Virginia to southern Pennsylvania. This could be the largest March snowfall in D.C.'s history---if the urban heat island affect doesn't kick in too badly which would keep temps above freezing a bit longer than they otherwise would.

Major snowfall headed for Nation's Capital | Weather - Home

Just tell all the politicians to breathe. All their hot air will melt the snow instantly.

Just tell all the politicians to breathe. All their hot air will melt the snow instantly.

^^This^^

What is wrong with that bunch?

Back on topic, I am so ready for winter to end. Of course then it's tornado season here but enough with the winter storms.

I bet the appalachians get nailed and DC gets some sleet, as usual.

The sad thing is that everybody in the country is in agreement on this! It's the one thing we all believe.

those dudes on the Capital Weather Gang are good, but they really need to get out of the snow storm naming business after this one.

that being said, I hope they're right this time. the kids haven't had a snow day in two years.

those dudes on the Capital Weather Gang are good, but they really need to get out of the snow storm naming business after this one.

that being said, I hope they're right this time. the kids haven't had a snow day in two years.

Seriously, this proves that DC is the dorkiest city in America. "Snowquester"? Really?

Oh, no doubt. I've been hoping for a real snow day here at least for a day or two. These fizzlin' flurries stink.

weird, I just went out to reload on wine before the snow comes and I had my top down :shrug:

Nebraska got 18 inches like 10 days ago. I'm not exactly impressed

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom