N/S So about that whole "best QB in the NFC South"... *Lamar Jackson rumors* (1 Viewer)

Something seems...off....about this.
The CBA has a clause that the NFLPA had put in years ago that only a NFLPA certified agent or the player himself can talk to teams.

A few years ago I looked into what the NFLPA requires to be an agent. From memory it was 1. Have a 6 year degree *it didn't say Lawyer but you know that is what they want) 2. Attend a seminar on the CBA evry 2 years and 3. Pass a test on the CBA after the seminar.

Be careful what you wish for. I think Lamar is a better player then people give him credit for and he would fit right into an offense that outperformed expectations last year with Mariota. They would certainly become the favorites to win the divison.

I’ll take the bet that Lamar won’t stay healthy for a full season and Atlanta will be fumbling with an inconsistent cheap backup

I’ll take the bet that Lamar won’t stay healthy for a full season and Atlanta will be fumbling with an inconsistent cheap backup

If Lamar Jackson does make the playoffs, his 3 touchdowns to 5 interceptions, 55.9% completion percentage, 19 sacks, 1 rushing touchdown and 5 fumbles sure will have the opposing team shaking in their shoes :ROFLMAO:

The CBA has a clause that the NFLPA had put in years ago that only a NFLPA certified agent or the player himself can talk to teams.

A few years ago I looked into what the NFLPA requires to be an agent. From memory it was 1. Have a 6 year degree *it didn't say Lawyer but you know that is what they want) 2. Attend a seminar on the CBA evry 2 years and 3. Pass a test on the CBA after the seminar.
It's a standard practice for every labor union that has members who are represented by agents. Some states even have their own set of certification requirements for agents. There's nothing off about it at all.

It's a standard practice for every labor union that has members who are represented by agents. Some states even have their own set of certification requirements for agents. There's nothing off about it at all.
I wasn't the one saying something was "off". I was trying to let the poster I replied to that there was nothing "off" about what the BNFL told the teams.

If Lamar Jackson does make the playoffs, his 3 touchdowns to 5 interceptions, 55.9% completion percentage, 19 sacks, 1 rushing touchdown and 5 fumbles sure will have the opposing team shaking in their shoes :ROFLMAO:
Serious question because I don't know your feelings on Carr, but assuming we make the playoffs do you think his playoff record should gives us reason for optimism.

My question is, with him acting as his own agent, wouldn't he have known that? If he hasn't done this throughout this entire saga, why now?

Yes he should’ve known that. He’s getting desperate. The teams aren’t lining up and he’s feeling the pressure.
Which has a lot of question marks in and of itself. It is going to be very interesting how this all plays out and if it really as a lot of players think it is.

Serious question because I don't know your feelings on Carr, but assuming we make the playoffs do you think his playoff record should gives us reason for optimism.
Remember how bad the defense was in those Brees 7-9 seasons? Imagine that for your whole career. That's Carr. I have more faith in him than I do "3 yard dumpoff on 3rd and 8 with the game on the line" Dalton.

I wasn't the one saying something was "off". I was trying to let the poster I replied to that there was nothing "off" about what the BNFL told the teams.
I was agreeing with you and was extending on what you said. I know you said there was nothing off about it. My apologies for not being clear about that in my first post.

What was Brees's playoff record before coming to the Saints?

What was Stafford's playoff record before going to the Rams?

Playoff records, like W-L records, can not be attributed to any single player. Winning and losing in the NFL is a team effort. There isn't a single QB that has ever played the game who was good enough to pass protect for himself and catch his own passes. And then turn around and play defense all by himself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom