N/S So about that whole "best QB in the NFC South"... *Lamar Jackson rumors* (1 Viewer)

I think Lamar is going to be very disappointed with the lack of offers he is going to receive if any.

Bisciotti is holding the line. It's going to be interesting going forward. Lamar might get steamrolled.

Is there a back story to why he has his mother as an agent?

Has Lamar ever given a reason why he’s never gotten an agent?

I’ve never been a fan of Lamar as a Saint. With that said, as a football fan, when I saw the Ravens play, I did like the exciting drama he brings based to his style of play with his speed and elusiveness. I’m still with the mindset that I didn’t want us to draft him based to the offensive rebuild it would have taken to make it work. I still didn’t go back on that thought after when he won MVP. He doesn’t fit what the Saints do and I don’t believe in his durability (which he has proven me correct). He is one major injury away from mediocrity and his style of play wears on him due to the hits he takes. How he decided to be his own agent baffles me also and has likely cost him the pay day he desires.

I personally think the risk is WAY too high to give up that much draft capital AND a guaranteed salary that he is demanding. For that purpose, I would not be against an NFC South team gutting their resources to have him for 50-60% of the season.

I’ve never been a fan of Lamar as a Saint. With that said, as a football fan, when I saw the Ravens play, I did like the exciting drama he brings based to his style of play with his speed and elusiveness. I’m still with the mindset that I didn’t want us to draft him based to the offensive rebuild it would have taken to make it work. I still didn’t go back on that thought after when he won MVP. He doesn’t fit what the Saints do and I don’t believe in his durability (which he has proven me correct). He is one major injury away from mediocrity and his style of play wears on him due to the hits he takes. How he decided to be his own agent baffles me also and has likely cost him the pay day he desires.

I personally think the risk is WAY too high to give up that much draft capital AND a guaranteed salary that he is demanding. For that purpose, I would not be against an NFC South team gutting their resources to have him for 50-60% of the season.
If he came to the NFC South, you’ve been a Saints fan long enough to know Lamar would be healthy just in time to play us each year.

Exactly. If Tepper doesn’t jump in and throw everything at Jackson then it’s clear the owners have all gotten together and said “never again” to another Watson deal.
I just shows that teams just don't go after franchise tagged players.

1) He needs an agent.
2) He has priced himself out of the market.
3) I think the owners have probably had talks to curb these deals like Watson got.

If he came to the NFC South, you’ve been a Saints fan long enough to know Lamar would be healthy just in time to play us each year.
Literally spit out my water. Lol!!!

I get you. It does seem to be our luck.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom