N/S So about that whole "best QB in the NFC South"... *Lamar Jackson rumors* (1 Viewer)

Lamar Jackson will be playing in Baltimore next year and he just needs to sign his one year deal, play his heart out next year for 17 games healthy, then make his intention know he wants a trade. Him being injured last year didn't help his case this year, so try again next year after destroying the injury narrative they have over your head right now.
He needs an agent because he's reacting to their agenda, rather than setting the tone. He shouldn't sign anything until the last minute, in my view. I think his stubbornness is hurting him at this point and he may need to sit out the season. However, he's is own man and I have to respect that.

Please let ATL give up two first round picks and cap strap themselves for the next decade. I’d love to see their misery continue.

Lamar Jackson will be playing in Baltimore next year and he just needs to sign his one year deal, play his heart out next year for 17 games healthy, then make his intention know he wants a trade. Him being injured last year didn't help his case this year, so try again next year after destroying the injury narrative they have over your head right now.
Much easier said than done. You are implying he can control the injury situation though I am very suspect about whether or not he was truly injured at the end of last season.

Please let ATL give up two first round picks and cap strap themselves for the next decade. I’d love to see their misery continue.
Be careful what you wish for. I think Lamar is a better player then people give him credit for and he would fit right into an offense that outperformed expectations last year with Mariota. They would certainly become the favorites to win the divison.

Be careful what you wish for. I think Lamar is a better player then people give him credit for and he would fit right into an offense that outperformed expectations last year with Mariota. They would certainly become the favorites to win the divison.
thank you Mrs. Jackson for posting on Saintsreport.

looks at Lamar's playoff stats

A trade with HOU would make sense compensation wise. HOU sends their #2, #12 and perhaps Davis Mills for Lamar Jackson and BAL's #22. I don't know how toxic the relationship is, but BAL might have to start pivoting. IND, ATL, and NE would make sense as a trade partner too. I think BAL would prefer to trade LJ out of the conference though.

I posted this in the Carr thread, but I think it is relevant to this thread based on how high Jackson ranks as a passer, scored by EPA/dropback, in pure passing situations:

I assumed he was towards the middle-bottom of that graph before I looked. Makes me look at him in a completely different light now. Nice find (y)

A trade with HOU would make sense compensation wise. HOU sends their #2, #12 and perhaps Davis Mills for Lamar Jackson and BAL's #22. I don't know how toxic the relationship is, but BAL might have to start pivoting. IND, ATL, and NE would make sense as a trade partner too. I think BAL would prefer to trade LJ out of the conference though.
Makes sense for Baltimore to get the second pick and a near top 10 pick, but bad trade for Houston. Taking Bryce Young at 2 and get a better player at 12 than 22 is smarter even if Lamar’s included. Young star QB who’ll count very minimal against the cap for 4 years vs Lamar’s 45M immediate cap hit. Houston could trade down from 12 and get an additional 2nd and mid rounders.

thank you Mrs. Jackson for posting on Saintsreport.
looks at Lamar's playoff stats

Looks at Carr's playoff stats.

You don't think Lamar is a Top 10 QB?

63.7 Completion %
101 TD's
38 Int
QB Rating 96.7
4400 Yard Rushing
24 Rushing TD's

Yeah injuries are a concern, his window for elite level play is going to be smaller. I certainly would not advocate giving him 200 million fully guaranteed contract.

The reality is that Lamar has been his own worse enemy. If he was a free agent now, teams would be falling over themselves to sign him.

Makes sense for Baltimore to get the second pick and a near top 10 pick, but bad trade for Houston. Taking Bryce Young at 2 and get a better player at 12 than 22 is smarter even if Lamar’s included. Young star QB who’ll count very minimal against the cap for 4 years vs Lamar’s 45M immediate cap hit. Houston could trade down from 12 and get an additional 2nd and mid rounders.
Yeah I don’t see HOU doing anything desperate like that, but they definitely have enough ammo to pull it off. It will be interesting to see if he’s traded, it could shake the draft up quite a bit.

i don’t think Houston is crazy enough to go from one headache QB to another. Jackson lost all leadership credibility with me when he refused to play in the playoffs. That said a lot about him and as you can see the NFL owners and coaches felt the same way.

This is one more reason I’m not touching Lamar with a 10’ pole. Dudes got family members and friends calling teams. There’s a right way and a wrong way to do business and this kids not smart enough to know the difference. His lack of intelligence translates everywhere

Something seems...off....about this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom