So... Accountability on ball security is coming from the player(Kamara) not coaches. (1 Viewer)

The players are the ones fumbling and should know better as veterans that’s been in the league since 2011 and 2017.

I’d be upset with Allen if it were rookies or 2nd/3rd year players constantly fumbling. This is mostly on Kamara and Ingram to hold onto the ball as ballcarriers. Veterans making Allen look bad while Allen gets majority of the blame. Talented players at that. They should be accountable as a captain and locker room leaders for committing the mistakes they know that they shouldn’t they know are costing us games.

Last edited:
DA said they focused a large portion of this week on ball security.

When I hear that I think, man, he’s literally sitting here telling us all that him and his staff failed at preparation in training camp.
Mostly the same coaching staff that Payton had. You really think they didnt do most of the same drills during TC lol?

Allen shouldn’t be babysitting AK and MI to do the basics of their job as long as they’ve been here. Call them out just as much as Allen. At some point we need to find a new back long term if they keep putting the ball on the ground.
Exactly. Blaming everything on DA just because he isn’t as much of a character as SP is just being lazy. Have to look at the specific plays that are costing games for us and most of those have been ball security and inconsistent play at QB the 2 weeks Jameis played hurt. When you’re missing AK in the flat I don’t understand how that’s all on DA

DA said they focused a large portion of this week on ball security.

When I hear that I think, man, he’s literally sitting here telling us all that him and his staff failed at preparation in training camp.
So, if he didn’t drill them it’d be, “Dennis isn’t taking control of this problem.“ I personally don’t understand why 7+ year vets have to be reminded that the football is lifeblood on that field. The least vets should be doing is holding each other accountable. This is rookie level mishaps.

Dennis needs to be focused on whipping his Special Teams coach into shape and getting that OLine to consistent levels of protection.

Similar drills, but with a country club coaching mindset. The Saints are as soft as pudding, and the inmates are running the asylum.
😂 The same coach that took TC to Greenbrier for three seasons? Look I loved Payton too but he wasnt walking on water like most people here act like now that he’s not here

Similar drills, but with a country club coaching mindset. The Saints are as soft as pudding, and the inmates are running the asylum.
I didn't make that post lol

We don't really have to worry about the Saints having a good running game this year.

It seems at this point with the current group running the ball at best is a waste of a down and at its worst leads to turnover. Regular fumbles from the RBs is something that shouldn't happen on offense

Allen shouldn’t be babysitting AK and MI to do the basics of their job as long as they’ve been here. Call them out just as much as Allen. At some point we need to find a new back long term if they keep putting the ball on the ground.
Before DA even devotes one second to look for replacements for "fumble prone " backs he should punch himself 10 times in the face for allowing the only shining offensive player not named Olave to walk. THAT's what he should be P'Oed about. Doing dumb stuff.

So, if he didn’t drill them it’d be, “Dennis isn’t taking control of this problem.“ I personally don’t understand why 7+ year vets have to be reminded that the football is lifeblood on that field. The least vets should be doing is holding each other accountable. This is rookie level mishaps.

Dennis needs to be focused on whipping his Special Teams coach into shape and getting that OLine to consistent levels of protection.
Naw. I stand but what I said. The staff didn’t do its job in the preseason and you’re seeing it all over the field.

Doesn’t mean there’s not plenty of accountability to put on the players. But, the lackadaisical culture that was set by DA is directly impacting these small detail things within the game, that’s evident

I personally don’t understand why 7+ year vets have to be reminded that the football is lifeblood on that field.
B/C it’s really hard to hold onto an oval ball every defender (some who are incredibly strong) is trying to rip out. You have to drill on ball security and other basics every year for weeks, or you lose the skill. Use it or lose it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom