So... Accountability on ball security is coming from the player(Kamara) not coaches. (1 Viewer)

I'm getting the feeling the Allen is damned no matter what he does or doesn't do with a lot of people around here. I can only imagine if we had Allen come out absolutely trashing certain players or lighting them up on national tv a large section would say "Allen has no player management skills"; "Allen throws players under the bus"; "Allen's lack of restraint shows why he should've never been hired". I'm not particularly happy with the way the opening quarter of the season has played out either but it's really just a quarter (technically less) of the season. There's plenty of football left to be played. This team and coaching staff have been together for a long time now, it's possible that they know what they're doing when it comes to in-house team social-politics.

I just can't believe anyone seriously thinks Allen hasn't mentioned or drilled ball security and Kamara was the first person to think about it. Accountability in a team environment can come from multiple sources. Kamara just told a story about it.

I'm getting the feeling the Allen is damned no matter what he does or doesn't do with a lot of people around here. I can only imagine if we had Allen come out absolutely trashing certain players or lighting them up on national tv a large section would say "Allen has no player management skills"; "Allen throws players under the bus"; "Allen's lack of restraint shows why he should've never been hired". I'm not particularly happy with the way the opening quarter of the season has played out either but it's really just a quarter (technically less) of the season. There's plenty of football left to be played. This team and coaching staff have been together for a long time now, it's possible that they know what they're doing when it comes to in-house team social-politics.

I just can't believe anyone seriously thinks Allen hasn't mentioned or drilled ball security and Kamara was the first person to think about it. Accountability in a team environment can come from multiple sources. Kamara just told a story about it.
Just like Jameis is following Drew, Allen is following Payton. Allen comes with a questionable past HC experience, just like Jameis.
It is what it is, he's under the microscope.

Just like Jameis is following Drew, Allen is following Payton. Allen comes with a questionable past HC experience, just like Jameis.
Yep. As I’ve stated before they’re both in unenviable positions.

DA said they focused a large portion of this week on ball security.

When I hear that I think, man, he’s literally sitting here telling us all that him and his staff failed at preparation in training camp.
Heck of a leap there.

It's basic coaching 101 to re-emphasize certain things as the season goes on. You can't just install the game plan. sometimes you need to mix it up. Sometimes you need to work on something. Actually, you always need to work on something. Even in victory, coaches love to point out issues to work on. That's the best time, because players are in a good mood and will take critiques better.

When I was in the college pep band, one of our favorite cheers when the other team screwed up something simple (like a pass in basketball), was,
"Back
To
Ba - sics
clap
clap
clap, clap clap"

Our basketball coach always said that was his favorite, because it's literally the first thought a coach would have, "we gotta get back to basics". So, he knew it would get under their skin.

So yeah, sometimes you need to revisit the fundamentals.

One coach started 3-1 with a really untalented Saints team
One coach started 1-3 with a ridiculously talented Saints team

It is what it is... Results enables narrative.

One coach started 3-1 with a really untalented Saints team
One coach started 1-3 with a ridiculously talented Saints team

It is what it is... Results enables narrative.
I'm not going to put this 100% on Allen, more Pete C than Allen, but Allen did hire PC so yeah.....but we have to get out the gates quicker on O...play our 3rd/4th Q offense in the first half.

Lets not have to rely on a short field from a turnover to put in a 12 play 60 yard drive for a TD. 12 plays.....60 yards, 5 yards per play w/ 3 third down conversions...any one of those 3rd down conversions go south, you're punting or kicking another FG. We have to get away from setting up 3rd down w/ 1st and 2nd down and just move the ball.

1st downs will come even on first down if you just attempt to get them instead of waiting on a single shot on 3rd to convert. Drives me nuts.

U are correct! But do we reaaaaally think DA would have put him on the active roster after the deadline? I hate pondering hypotheticals like that. BUT, as seemingly every other IN-SEASON personnel decision has been a fiasco I would bet 100 bucks double or nothing that DA would not have elevated him. Not 1k. 100 bucks. LOL. We have suffered so much whiplash in the past month that it is unbelievable (NFCCG good shot to PRAYING that a 9-8 would let us sneak in). Such a shame all around.
I didn’t read past your first sentence, because you clearly haven’t actually looked into this issue. And that’s my problem with most of these blame Dennis for everything takes.

According to MULTIPLE credible reports, Dennis and Murray actually discussed LT being on the active roster. Allen literally offered Murray a spot. Both Dennis and Murray agreed he’d get to play more in Denver than in NO. By all accounts, the convo was present with no hard feelings on either side. So, yes, DA would and did in fact offer LT a spot.

I have no issue calling DA out over things he’s missing the ball on (coaching missteps, OLine issues, etc), but I’m not going to lay blame at his feet over issues that are out of his hands to control.

I didn’t read past your first sentence, because you clearly haven’t actually looked into this issue. And that’s my problem with most of these blame Dennis for everything takes.

According to MULTIPLE credible reports, Dennis and Murray actually discussed LT being on the active roster. Allen literally offered Murray a spot. Both Dennis and Murray agreed he’d get to play more in Denver than in NO. By all accounts, the convo was present with no hard feelings on either side. So, yes, DA would and did in fact offer LT a spot.

I have no issue calling DA out over things he’s missing the ball on (coaching missteps, OLine issues, etc), but I’m not going to lay blame at his feet over issues that are out of his hands to control.
Being honest and upfront with Murray about the reality of his playing time if he stayed with New Orleans is something that players, not just Saints players, really appreciate and gravitate toward.

That's why so many former Saints players say New Orleans was the best team they played for. That's an important part of the culture that the Saints wanted to continue when they hired DA.

Allen shouldn’t be babysitting AK and MI to do the basics of their job as long as they’ve been here. Call them out just as much as Allen. At some point we need to find a new back long term if they keep putting the ball on the ground.
True about Allen should not be babysitting any players on ball security. But Payton would have beaten it into their heads. Payton always preached doing the "little things right". Clearly it's a problem and it happen under Allen without taking it seriously.

Sorry but Dennis Allen is not absolved from mistakes. Playing Jamies Winston with a serious back injury, letting good players like CJGJ and Latavius Murray go especially without any real compensation are serious problems that help caused this team to be in the hole 1-3 that its in now.

I'm not going to put this 100% on Allen, more Pete C than Allen, but Allen did hire PC so yeah.....but we have to get out the gates quicker on O...play our 3rd/4th Q offense in the first half.

Lets not have to rely on a short field from a turnover to put in a 12 play 60 yard drive for a TD. 12 plays.....60 yards, 5 yards per play w/ 3 third down conversions...any one of those 3rd down conversions go south, you're punting or kicking another FG. We have to get away from setting up 3rd down w/ 1st and 2nd down and just move the ball.

1st downs will come even on first down if you just attempt to get them instead of waiting on a single shot on 3rd to convert. Drives me nuts.
Allen chose to keep the status quo by not bringing any new people, so ya it's all on him. Unless Loomis told him to do this part of the continuation plan. All coaches aim for 3rd and short but his plans to get there have not worked.

Allen chose to keep the status quo by not bringing any new people, so ya it's all on him. Unless Loomis told him to do this part of the continuation plan. All coaches aim for 3rd and short but his plans to get there have not worked.
3rd and short could be an aim, but it shouldn't be your only aim.

3rd and short could be an aim, but it shouldn't be your only aim.
You're going to make me start defending Pete. There are shots in there but he's failing to get the basic stuff going in the first half like the run game. Until we get the run game going early the secondary will continue to play the pass and until we stop the penalties we'll keep shooting ourselves in the foot.

You're going to make me start defending Pete. There are shots in there but he's failing to get the basic stuff going in the first half like the run game. Until we get the run game going early the secondary will continue to play the pass and until we stop the penalties we'll keep shooting ourselves in the foot.
Its all good...what I'm saying is that it feels like we play exclusively play 1st and 2nd to setup 3rd....like we're not trying to get over 10 yards on 1st and 2nd down.

I'm not calling for more shot plays, but I would like to see more aggression out of our base offense...because if you're solely playing to setup a short 3rd down, any messup or incompletion on 1st or 2nd becomes more an obstacle to overcome on 3rd when the defense is solely committed to preventing that conversion. Me...I'd rather take 3 cracks at getting a 1st down as opposed to relying on converting a single attempt make 1st down on 3rd....if that makes any sense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom