So, Ahmadinejad is a Jew? Who knew? (1 Viewer)

Lol - I see what you did there

(Blackadder's notorious stand for morality puts him at odds with the Israel lobby)....
anti-Israel = anti-semite (eye roll)

Lol - I see what you did there

(Blackadder's notorious stand for morality puts him at odds with the Israel lobby)....
anti-Israel = anti-semite (eye roll)
It's just about the most cowardly cop-out going today in discussion about the Middle East, but standard procedure.

Kinda shows fear to engage in detail on the issues, so let's just bring up Hitler and end the debate.

Gets pretty close to Godwin's Law.

Last edited:
It's just about the most cowardly cop-out going today in discussion about the Middle East, but standard procedure.

Kinda shows fear to engage in detail on the issues, so let's just bring up Hitler and end the debate.

Get's pretty close to Godwin's Law.

I wasn't going to bring it up, just because of Godwin's Law, however, it doesn't surprise me that Ahmadinejad has Jewish ancestors. After all, it is pretty common for people with that much hatred for a group of people to have something in common with them. How many homophobes are attracted to members of their own sex, for example? However, it takes dictators with power over a large group of people to do the damage that Hitler (himself descended from Jewish ancestors) and Ahmadinejad sought, and now seek, to do. (For the record, I do believe it is possible to disagree with or even hate a political entity or system without hating the citizens associated with that entity or system.)

I wasn't going to bring it up, just because of Godwin's Law, however, it doesn't surprise me that Ahmadinejad has Jewish ancestors. After all, it is pretty common for people with that much hatred for a group of people to have something in common with them. How many homophobes are attracted to members of their own sex, for example? However, it takes dictators with power over a large group of people to do the damage that Hitler (himself descended from Jewish ancestors) and Ahmadinejad sought, and now seek, to do. (For the record, I do believe it is possible to disagree with or even hate a political entity or system without hating the citizens associated with that entity or system.)
I don't know that there was any definitive evidence of Jewish ancestry in Hitler. Speculated but I don't know if proved.

There were all sorts of theories advanced on Hitler, that he blamed Jewish professors for not letting him into Architectural school, that he was rejected by a Jewish girlfriend...

People are looking for something to explain it all.

Just like the article speculates that Ahmadinejads family changed its name and converted to Islam for their own special reasons and that with his background Ahmadinejad feels it necessary to vocally attack Israel in order to prove his loyalty to his Shiite backers.

But nobody really knows what is in the man's mind. Whatever it is, he does not have any real control over Iran's nuclear program. He is just the figurehead. He is not even commander in chief of their military.

Last edited:
I don't know that there was any definitive evidence of Jewish ancestry in Hitler. Speculated but I don't know if proved.

There were all sorts of theries advanced on Hitler, that he blamed Jewish professors for not letting him into Architectural school, that he was rejected by a Jewish girlfriend.

People are looking for something to explain it all.

Just like the article speculates that Ahmadinejads family changed its name and converted to Islam for their own special reasons and that with his background Ahmadinejad feels it necessary to vocally attack Israel in order to prove his loyalty to his Shiite backers. But nobody realy knows what is in the man's mind.

It's been a long time since I've read the source, so I have no idea where to even begin looking for it, but one article that I read some years ago claimed that Hitler had two great grandparents of Jewish descent. I can't tell you whether it's true or not, since I never cared that much about the why behind Hitler's reasoning; it was just enough to know that he was a madman. No matter what "caused" him to go off the deep end, no one can justify his actions to me. I have to wonder, though, what kind of actions Ahmadinejad might end up taking and just how he will justify them in the future, provided he is not stopped at the proverbial gate.

Larry David welcomes Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to the Fraternity of Self-Loathing Jews with open arms.

It's been a long time since I've read the source, so I have no idea where to even begin looking for it, but one article that I read some years ago claimed that Hitler had two great grandparents of Jewish descent. I can't tell you whether it's true or not, since I never cared that much about the why behind Hitler's reasoning; it was just enough to know that he was a madman. No matter what "caused" him to go off the deep end, no one can justify his actions to me. I have to wonder, though, what kind of actions Ahmadinejad might end up taking and just how he will justify them in the future, provided he is not stopped at the proverbial gate.
No one's trying to justify anything.

I think there was speculation based on name. Shicklegruber. But I don't think there was anything ever definintive. Just one Jewish grandparent makes you eligible for an Israeli passport, so one is all it would have taken by that definition.

As I noted above with Ahmadinejad, he has no military authority. Iranian President is not commander-in-cheif and can not order an attack on Israel on his own authority, if you are one of the ones that beleives this is actually his goal.

Last edited:

There's pretty good circumstantial evidence that Hitler's father was the illegitimate child of a Jewish man. His (Hitler's) grandmother worked as a seamstress for a prominent Jewish family, got pregnant before she met Hitler's claimed grandfather, and received payments that could only have been "hush money".

However, there is no evidence Hitler knew about this as he developed his anti-semite ideas. Later in life, around world war 2, he commissioned an investigation into his ancestry and received the circumstantial evidence we now have today. While convincing to us, Hitler's pathology was well established by then and likely dismissed.

There's no reason to assume Hitler was "acting out" on anything. The culture of extreme anti-antisemitism existed before Hitler and achieved broad support by some who arguably were as extreme and fanatical as he was (if not more so).

Just like the article speculates that Ahmadinejads family changed its name and converted to Islam for their own special reasons and that with his background Ahmadinejad feels it necessary to vocally attack Israel in order to prove his loyalty to his Shiite backers.

Agreed. There's no reason to consider Ahmadinejad's avowed feelings towards Israel or Jews in general as significant or unique because of his potential ancestry when such large and diverse segments of the world population share or even exceed his vitriol. Generally speaking, I think looking for Freudian explanations is a waste of time, when culture tends to dominate thought so broadly and completely.

By the way. I do consider these sorts of "revelations" useful in terms of dealing with people like Ahmadinejad or Hitler. The issue is, the only people who should care about that are their partisan followers. It's useful in discrediting them, but in my opinion doesn't help rational people to understand the mentality at all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom