So Andrus Peat has to move to G, right? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Re-watching a bunch of his plays last night and he is SO slow off the snap, it's not funny. Aside from having Armstead, I knew he would never be a LT, but I thought he could at least outplay Strief on the right side. Now that's looking doubtful, so do we stick him at G for his career with the Saints?

Yeah Peat was getting beat like a drum everywhere he lined up. I know we should give him a pass since he's been moved around so much, but if he can't handle it, maybe the staff need to have him focus on just two positions.

Andrus Peat as a high #1 pick last year is looking more and more like a real bad pick. This guy has not shown one Iota of improvement. You can forget this guy being plugged into a Tackle spot at left or right Tackle. He is stiff, slow feet and gets his butt handed to him with ease. Payton seems to be of mindset to have him as a starting Guard once season rolls around, then he needs to start giving him the most reps there and not at tackle.

It remains to be seen if he can make it at Guard and beat out Lelito or Kelemente. The biggest disappointment from last night even though it was first preseason game was the entire Offensive line in my opinion. They still struggled blocking as a unit allowing penetration and causing running game to suffer. Biggest concern is the interior of that line at the Guard spots.

still just cant believe we used a first round pick on him, esp considering our defensive woes. now the top of that draft may be worthless this year (Peat, Anthony, Kikaha)

First snaps he's taken at RT all summer.

So...how about we allow some grace period so he can adjust? He literally was playing LT earlier in the game and doing a bang up job.

First snaps he's taken at RT all summer.

So...how about we allow some grace period so he can adjust? He literally was playing LT earlier in the game and doing a bang up job.

He gave up a sack early as LT that will happen from time to time no matter who you are , he didn't get beat on one I'm thinking of he just blocked the wrong guy and the defenseman had clear path

Bigger problem is he won't play LT our LT signed a new deal and though seems to get dinged up ( one injury was a freakish knee to the head) Peat may have to play at LT from time to time but that means 2 backups in the lineup

I know he is set to play RG this year

Does anyone recall if he has ever played RG? I know he has played LG , RT and LT

Andrus Peat as a high #1 pick last year is looking more and more like a real bad pick.

Obviously it's too soon to know how good or bad Peat will be but I have to agree that it seems like a bad pick. It seemed like such an off the wall pick. We needed a lot of help on defense. A whole lot. So with the 13th pick we promptly draft a RT.

Some have said that Peat was a panic pick. Well I don't think a NFL front office should ever be panicked during the draft, but if you do panic, at least panic in the right direction. It was like a fire broke out and instead of grabbing a fire extinguisher they threw a rock at the fire. I wish they would've panicked and drafted Marcus Peters.

Obviously it's too soon to know how good or bad Peat will be but I have to agree that it seems like a bad pick. It seemed like such an off the wall pick. We needed a lot of help on defense. A whole lot. So with the 13th pick we promptly draft a RT.

Some have said that Peat was a panic pick. Well I don't think a NFL front office should ever be panicked during the draft, but if you do panic, at least panic in the right direction. It was like a fire broke out and instead of grabbing a fire extinguisher they threw a rock at the fire. I wish they would've panicked and drafted Marcus Peters.

It was such an "off the wall" and "panic" pick that Jon Gruden called the pick correctly before it was announced. The other 3 guys on the desk all called out names of defensive players and what not, and Gruden calls Peat. They all literally look at him like he's nuts and there is a second of stunned silence. Then, the pick gets called and they come back to the desk and Chuckie has that look on his face, lol.

Look, I don't know if Peat is going to be a stud or a dud, but I know it was a smart pick and they picked the highest guy left on their board.

Let's give the kid a tiny bit more time before we are ready to cut him.

Breatheeeeeeee

We've seen Peat in action before, and he's done well. He had good plays last night. He had a lot of bad ones. Chris Long ate his lunch. It happens. He'll bounce back. They're honestly just asking too much from him right now and I think it's wearing him out. Who else in the league right now has to play with the 1s 2s and 3s and three different positions?

Breatheeeeeeee

We've seen Peat in action before, and he's done well. He had good plays last night. He had a lot of bad ones. Chris Long ate his lunch. It happens. He'll bounce back. They're honestly just asking too much from him right now and I think it's wearing him out. Who else in the league right now has to play with the 1s 2s and 3s and three different positions?

I agree. How much of his struggles are that he's bouncing around all over the line. He hasn't had a chance to get in shape mentally at any of the positions. O line is so cerebral. There are so many stunts and pulls it's something you have to really know backwards and forwards.

He did look a tad slow last night, but I think he could excel at guard this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom