so apparently we won because[ted ginn-ESPN][merged] (1 Viewer)

no doubt it was a bad drop, but we had 4 TO's and still score 46 points

we did to them in the 2nd half what they did to us in the first.

bottom line

I just checked.

Ted Ginn Jr in fact does NOT play defense for the Miami Dolphins.

Just thought I would throw that out there.

In all seriousness though, that dude blows. I mean, really blows. I was at the game, and Dolphin fans were either trading or outright cutting him late in the 4th quarter.

To say his screw ups didn't help us would be false. But it would be ignorant and flat out unfair to discount everything we did right in that second half on offense and defense.

To blame a single player for an entire game is a bit ridiculous.

In the fiest half, i felt like our playcalling was a bit too cute. In the second half, we went back to simple execution and running the football. It opened up the passing game and everything else fell into place.

Before the 1st half ended our defense seem to caught their wind and were playing better. I had no doubt at half-time we would win. It was only a question of when would we take the lead, not if. I knew once we had the lead, the game was over. As a saints fan, my years of disappointment kept me nervous to the end.

ps,... anyone else notice the Dolphins look on their faces when we scored at the end of the half. Its like they knew things were only going to get worse. It actually boosted my confidence even more we would pull this out.

--

because that is opinion from someone who is not part of the organization who has no idea what kind of confidence the FO has in the QB they have under center. so is your statement.

because our team is more than offense which is more than a gimmick. it has worked largely for a year plus. not too many teams have stopped it very well. go look up the average yards it has put up. it's all on film, and if teams can't stop it that's their issue. it's power football. it's run plays. that's basically all it has been. it's an unbalanced line with a RB taking the snap.

ps.

those double reverses you guys ran are gimmicks.

Yes, reverses are gimmicks and so is the Wildcat. It's a gimmick because it's main advantage is that it's something other teams don't see very often. You're right that it's basically the winged T, which is as old as football gets, but it's still a gimmick because it's success is largely based on the fact that other teams don't practice or plan against it much because it's not run often. Miami runs it better than others, but the fact is that it's main advantage is that it surprises other teams.

But, who really cares as long as it works? Our offense was called finesse and a too cute for years, but the fact is it works for us. You guys run Wildcat because you have great running backs and have had questionable QB play. We do what we do because we have a great QB and our skill players fit our offense.

And you know what else is funny week after week, the growing list of fans of other teams that keep telling us we've only played against QBs who are flawed in some way only to then have their QB be added to the growing list of flawed QBs. I think the only week that won't be hysterically funny is when we play the Patriots.

last time i checked, football isn't boxing track field swimming etc., it's a team game. To make one player a scapegoat is immature and extremely mentally challenged. The saints could have blamed drew for 3 picks, but to every negative is a postive. We fought our way back like champs do, because we never gave up. That's the difference between a good and great team. As for the dolphins, i honestly think they weren't confident going into halftime after that td. Adjustments were made by our coaches, and their team couldn't stop the comeback plain and simple. You cant blame jus Ginn. The offense gave up to int's for td, and then we got a td

i agree the saints as a small market team doesnt get the coverage and credit always but if you think teh analysts critique of ginn overshadowed their praise for us then you just have a chip on your shoulder.....i

ginn was terrible. they pointed it out. they also pointed out how we just find ways to win.....no slights here

I just checked.

Ted Ginn Jr in fact does NOT play defense for the Miami Dolphins.

Just thought I would throw that out there.

In all seriousness though, that dude blows. I mean, really blows. I was at the game, and Dolphin fans were either trading or outright cutting him late in the 4th quarter.

this is the same thing we were saying a few years back about Devery

Yikes...

1yjn6u.jpg

devery 2 yrs ago.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom