FA So are we just not gonna discuss... (Deshaun Watson possibly to Panthers) [Mod Edit] (1 Viewer)

Da Beast

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Cliff-hanger thread titles
... all of the talk about Deshaun Watson possibly going to the Panthers?

I haven’t seen one thread on it yet.

I read somewhere that the owner says that they will do all they can to get him. Not sure how realistic it could be but their owner has been compared to the Clippers owner and that makes me very nervous. Just seems like pairing Watson with Run CMC would keep us up many nights.

Hopefully it’s all just talk. But I would REALLY hate to see him land in the NFC south.

Not gonna worry about it til there’s something to worry about, haha. You could make a strong case for Atlanta, too, since he’s from the Atlanta area and they already have a good group of pass-catchers.

You also have teams like the 49ers which would be scary. Denver is supposedly a team he likes, per ESPN. So, yeah, until there’s more pointing in one particular direction, I’m not gonna worry about it much.

... all of the talk about Deshaun Watson possibly going to the Panthers?

Just seems like pairing Watson with Run CMC would keep us up many nights.

For the Panthers to put together a package to get Watson, it would almost certainly have to include CMC as well as multiple 1st round picks.
The Panthers really don’t have that good of a roster... and for them to give up what it would take to get Deshaun Watson, he’d end up in a worse situation than he was in with the Texans.

Carolina’s line is about as bad as the Texans’s. Watson would essentially be playing for the same type of team bereft of talent under better front office management. But rest assured he’d still get lit up often behind that porous line.

I am curious where Teddy goes.

Stressing about the possibility won’t keep it from happening. So I’ll just chill, focus on the things the Saints are (or aren’t 😄) doing to improve.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom