So, ATL and Carolina wasted 1st round picks on WR that they don't use. Shocking. (1 Viewer)

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
AND It gets worse.

The rookie leader for receiving yards and receptions - RB Saquon Barkley at 540 yards and 64 receptions

Where our 3rd round Pick rank among our Divisional Rival's 1st round picks...

2. Calvin Ridley - 39 receptions - 532 yards - 7 TDs
4. DJ Moore - 30 reception - 474 yards - 2 TDs
7. Tre'Quan Smith - 22 receptions - 371 yards - 4 TDs

Always feel good seeing ATL and Carolina wasting good picks trying to keep pace with our offense when we can almost do the same with a 3rd round pick.

Also, this a stab at ATL and Car being inept on featuring these elite gifted rookies that should be blowing up the stat sheet. Car also have Samuel rotting on the bench from last year. He is super explosive.

Last edited:
That's not that bad for Ridley, of course the PJ Williams/Ken Crawley fiasco inflates his stats.

AND It gets worse.

The rookie leader for receiving yards and receptions - RB Saquon Barkley at 540 yards and 64 receptions

Where our 3rd round Pick rank among our Divisional Rival's 1st round picks...

2. Calvin Ridley - 39 receptions - 532 yards - 7 TDs
4. DJ Moore - 30 reception - 474 yards - 2 TDs
7. Tre'Quan Smith - 22 receptions - 371 yards - 4 TDs

Always feel good seeing ATL and Carolina wasting good picks trying to keep pace with our offense.
Atlanta was using Ridley pretty good when they played the Saints the 1st time.

Ridley is going to replace Sanu next year. It’s a solid pick.

Carolina’s failure with 1st and 2nd rd WR is impressive.

That might be the most interesting on-the-field storyline Thursday night -- our new starting secondary grouping vs the WRs who embarrassed the old one.

I'll have to fit in some coffee to counteract the tryptophan and red wine so I won't doze too long and miss the start of the game.

That's not that bad for Ridley, of course the PJ Williams/Ken Crawley fiasco inflates his stats.
Actually... You're correct.

150 yards and 3 TD towards that disaster of a game. Everything else... has gotten more than 50 yards 2 out of the last 7 games. Those 2 game where 54 yards and 71 yards.

Ridley starting to look like a 1 game wonder this season.

If you remove that game, he drops to 32/386/4

Take those stats and spread them over the additional game, and he's at 3.56/42.9/.44 per game, or 31/429/4.4 for the year. Thanks Crawley/Williams.

Honestly, I think Ridley and Moore are doing well considering the situations they are in
Of course. This is more of a stab at ATL and Carolina lacking true offensive minds to get these guys out there. Norv and Sarks are pretty flawed offensive cordinator with head coaches that have little idea on how to run a modern offenses.

I mean, Barkley is just a generational talent, and that team needs to get the ball out early so you can see him getting a lot of throws his way.

Those are great numbers for rookies across the board. Wish you weren't off base here but I think you are.

Honestly, I think Ridley and Moore are doing well considering the situations they are in
Correct.

The picks were solid.

Moore actually looks like he has a higher ceiling. The problem is Cam.is throwing him the ball.

I mean, Barkley is just a generational talent, and that team needs to get the ball out early so you can see him getting a lot of throws his way.

Those are great numbers for rookies across the board. Wish you weren't off base here but I think you are.
The context may not be clear. It's more about these team wasting these guys and at the same time investing an unnecessarily high pick when they have other pressing needs on defense. The players are doing fine, but at their cost and in their inept systems. It's not going to show up on the win column, obviously.

I knew when they drafted both of them. It was a bad idea as their defenses where in bad shape to end the season. On top of that, their usage is a bit disappointing, Not every WR class is a 2014 rookie class or 2017. These two should be 1A and 1B.

Let's be fair, though. Ridley only has 39 receptions, but the Falcons do distribute the ball around. If you look at their numbers:
Julio: 73 catches
Hooper: 50
Ridley: 39
Sanu: 38
Coleman: 26
Freeman: 26
Smith: 19

There are some others who caught passes, but less than 10.
Ridley has also run the ball 6 times.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom