So Brees was left off the 2017 Pro Bowl ballet (1 Viewer)

Drew is having a great year, but he is on a 5-6 team. It is a little bit of a stretch to say he is the MVP of the league.
The year we went 13-3 if someone had suggested a quarterback on a 7-9 team deserves to be MVP, most here would be in a tizzy over it.

---

This isn't MVP this is pro bowl. A few years ago, the Chiefs were like 2-14 and had 9 pro bowlers

I remember that Colston always got snubbed because he had Drew throwing to him, and "anyone would look that good" with him as QB.

Then the argument against Brees getting MVP was that he had a star cast of receivers to throw to.

*sigh*

The highlights of our game on Sportscenter were of Jared Goff's tds. Not Brees' 5 total TDs or MT's 2 TDS or Willie Snead's TD pass. ESPN stinks.

The Snead-to-Hightower trick play was the lone SAINTS highlight I saw on either ESPN or NBC the rest of the night. Totally expected, though. I'd expect nothing less from the current sportotariat.

Isn't the format returning to AFC vs. NFC this year?

Even the NFL admits it's a popularity contest and not necessarily true merit.

dce897a5438a83e7e7291386598764a1.png

I vote for no one but Saints players.

Exibit #1 why the pro-bowl balloting system is a complete joke. The fans should never have been given a vote and the players either. Many fans only vote for their "team" and players often vote for their friends or agree as a team to not vote for players on rival teams. (I have heard players admit to this in interviews in the past) The voting should be left to only coaches that can only vote for players that their team played AGAINST during the season in question and that should happen during the immediate week after the week 17 and before the playoffs start.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom