So Cadet is our new Sproles, Reggie Bush? (1 Viewer)

Chopper Man

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
They cut him off the the team once before but now he's the man? I just don't see it. Dude drops too much and hasn't shaken anyone out of their boots that I know of.

Cadet isn't even the same ballpark as those two. That's insulting to Sproles and Reggie.
Cadet is just "ok" at different things.

I'd like to see Lasco get some of those satellite back snaps. Heck, even as unsound as he is, I'd rather even give Murphy a shot. At least he's shown glimpses of playmaking ability.

Cadet is just a guy. He is taken for granted some times, but yeah, he brings no fear to opposing defenses. We have already seen the best of him.

C.J. Spiller exits New Orleans with $9 million for 13 games | ProFootballTalk

C.J. Spiller, RB, New Orleans Saints: When Spiller is right -- like when he gained 2,821 yards from scrimmage in Buffalo from 2012 to '13 -- his speed can make other pros look amateur. Spiller didn't look right in New Orleans last season as he struggled with a knee injury.

Quote from Sean Payton at training camp

"Saints coach Sean Payton said Spiller looked "noticeably different" this offseason, yet there is doubt that New Orleans will retain a No. 3 running back with a $4.5 million cap hit. Mark Ingram is the clear starter, and remarkable comeback story Tim Hightower might run too hard to be denied a job. Travaris Cadet offers a similar skill-set to Spiller, giving the Saints another option if Spiller doesn't shine in camp."

Cadet on Sunday:

1 carry for 1 yard
3 catches for 14 yards
1 TD
2 drops

The TD was a pass any breathing scat back could of caught. I don't care how people spin it. Cadet is not a good player nor is superior to Spiller in any facet of the game, including pass blocking.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom