So. California - Saints/Steelers on TV??? (1 Viewer)

since67

Veteran
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Los Angeles is about the only market to not decide on what game to show in the second slot. KTTV had the cowboys/Cards listed yesterday on their website, http://www.myfoxla.com/myfox/ but now it says TBA. I suggest going to their site, go to Contact Us and drop them a quick line (fill out their form) asking for the Saints game. I have no idea when they will decide.

FYI- The Saints game is on 49% of the country.

UK viewers got to vote for the Week 10 late game. (The early game too, but I didnt take much notice of that)

Saints @ Steelers won with 37% of the vote. With Rams @ Seahawks a very close second at 36%.

Maybe they should do that !

According to this map (which has been pretty accurate in the past), L.A. should be carrying the Saints game. That would be KTTV, I think, as the Fox affiliate.

10-FOX-L.gif

According to this map (which has been pretty accurate in the past), L.A. should be carrying the Saints game. That would be KTTV, I think, as the Fox affiliate.

10-FOX-L.gif

That looks more like San Diego with the Saints game and LA with the Dallas game... unless I dont know my California very well...

San diego does get the Saints game. I think that map shows LA with the Cards. I think LA is the little bump along the coast in blue. It may be decided and just not listed everywhere yet. They need to tell the papers soon for the Friday "sports weekend" editions.

That looks more like San Diego with the Saints game and LA with the Dallas game... unless I dont know my California very well...

I do believe you're right. I saw a link somewhere yesterday (naturally, now I can't find it) that listed KTTV as carrying the Saints game. I did find the map and made the assumption that was L.A. Obviously if I had looked a bit closer, I would have realized it was too far south. Oh, well...

:ezbill:

For Fox's latest "press release" on their nationwide coverage of their games, do a Google search on "kttv nfl listings" and it will be in the top two or three items. That's the one that says TBA at this point.

Last edited:
How can the Fox and CBS affiliates in NW Louisiana and Northern Mississippi justify broadcasting the freaking Cowboys game instead of the Saints? This has been going on for far too long in and I guess it will never be settled. I grew up in 318 and this is one of the many reasons why I hate the sorry Cowgirls and Jerry Jones especially. It's also a big reason why I ended up moving to New Orleans for nine years, just so I could see the Saints games either live or on TV. I got tired up dealing with KMSS and KSLA in Shreveport. They're management has got to be Dallas fans. Don't tell me it's a contractual thing either. That is complete horse-hockey as far as I'm concerned. Especially when 85% of NW Louisiana are Saints fans. They will also say that they broadcast to NW Texas. So what? I know Shreveport is basically Dallas Jr, but they still broadcast to other parts of Louisiana where it's viewers overwhelmingly want to see the Saints instead of the Cowboys. I don't even live in 318 anymore and I still get worked up over this. Some things never change.

ahhhh nutz! i don't get to see the game in hd this week :angryrazz:

Well, it's 8pm Los Angeles time Wed. night and the Fox Sports press release (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/1659716) still says TBA and the KTTV.com website still says TBA in its listings. Perhaps the decision is already made but if you SoCalSaints have 2 minutes, go to the KTTV website and let your programming opinion be heard!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom