So can we talk about the concussion protocol? (1 Viewer)

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixir
Reaction score
Cam took 3 very hard, clear blows to the head tonight. One he collapsed on the sideline over (was supposedly his back, but in the replay the only thing that took a hard hit was his head). The 2nd he laid on the ground for several seconds after taking a helmet to helmet on the side. The 3rd he took another direct shot before getting out of bounds.

Not once did he get the concussion protocol.

The NFL has become so hypocritical with this rule. If you are a star, it seems like you can always escape having to do it.

He didn't get one last year after Mauti's hit on him. Clearly Cam was dazed beyond belief after that hit, but no, no concussion protocol

you are correct, with any other position he would have done the concussion protocol and maybe missed a game

The forced concussion protocol does not apply to quarterbacks. Well, it does, but the NFL officials on the sidelines do not ever pull a QB for it.

It's quite hypocritical.

If ever there was sufficient cause for concussion protocol it was evident tonight with the repeated helmet to helmet blows he took.

Consistency in NFL policies & protocol is non-existent. More often than not it all depends on what player is involved. :idunno:

The forced concussion protocol does not apply to quarterbacks. Well, it does, but the NFL officials on the sidelines do not ever pull a QB for it.

It's quite hypocritical.
The sad thing is I work with high school groups about concussion awareness and the refs around here pull qbs all the time for examination. I work with several anti concussion programs for football and that was a despicable display by the refs ignoring that hit. If it were in my district the ref would have been suspended and or removed from refereeing in the district. I've spent several years trying to reduce concussions in high school football

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

The sad thing is if that QB(cam) was a drop back, run maybe 3-4 times a game, guy he would be examined after those hits but their whole Offense is predicated on him take an *** whooping every game so they can run that option ****(higher ratings) and they are not stepping in.
I don't like that egotistical **** (cam) but at the same time i agree its very hypocritical and could be damaging to his health.

The sad thing is I work with high school groups about concussion awareness and the refs around here pull qbs all the time for examination. I work with several anti concussion programs for football and that was a despicable display by the refs ignoring that hit. If it were in my district the ref would have been suspended and or removed from refereeing in the district. I've spent several years trying to reduce concussions in high school football

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Keep up the important work!

I really would like to see someone like Rachel Nichols question Goodell on this topic in a public forum.

There is a need for concussion protocols, but tonight showed me that the refs don't view Cam like they do a regular qb, otherwise they would have thrown flags on some of those hits. Refs watching Cam take hits is like me watching the Swedish bikini team get ready for competition, we just get lost in the moment and forget what we are doing.

Maybe that stems from him calling out the ref during our game against them last year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom