So Davenport is for real after all (1 Viewer)

So he plays great on the rate occasion when he is not hurt. I believe this is his 4th season and the 4th season he'll be missing games due to injury

There was a martial arts movie I watched years ago, one of those Saturday Afternoon Kung Fu Theater joints. I can't remember the name but one of the characters was known as an excellent swordsman...a master sword fighter, but he revealed that even though his sword finished people off it was actually the strength of his kicks that killed his opponents. Now, why am I bringing up this seemingly unrelated and obscure movie reference? Because that is this team, people think of us as an offensive team (largely due to Payton) but really we are a defensive team, the defense is what's going to kill our opponents and our offense will finish them off.

If Davenport can stay healthy along with most of our starters, this defense will wreak havoc on the league.

There was a martial arts movie I watched years ago, one of those Saturday Afternoon Kung Fu Theater joints. I can't remember the name but one of the characters was known as an excellent swordsman...a master sword fighter, but he revealed that even though his sword finished people off it was actually the strength of his kicks that killed his opponents. Now, why am I bringing up this seemingly unrelated and obscure movie reference? Because that is this team, people think of us as an offensive team (largely due to Payton) but really we are a defensive team, the defense is what's going to kill our opponents and our offense will finish them off.

If Davenport can stay healthy along with most of our starters, this defense will wreak havoc on the league.
IF…If this, if that. IF Davenport could be available for more than one game per year, the Saints would be ecstatic. Not a fan of Davenport. But obviously I wish him well; ELSEWHERE! Tired of his inability to stay on the field. Saints have had some doozies. Jarius Byrd, come to mind?

So we still on this "Saints gave up two 1sts" BS huh?
Well, when you’re trying to spin “we only gave up one 1st” for Davenport, it’s clear you are trying to lessen the perceived draft impact because he isn’t meeting expectations.

If Davenport could perform at level we saw Sunday and stay healthy for 90% games it wouldn’t matter if it was 1,2, or even 3 1st round picks and we’d all be celebrating the trade to move up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom