so Deuce.... (1 Viewer)

Last I heard is that he would be back - with the current level of the cap his contract is really not that big - I think he's due $3.6 million this year - we just signed Devery for $2 million

I'd like to think Deuce could be all the way back by sometime mid-season but isn't that asking a lot? I don't think we need to reach for anybody in the draft because I really liked the efforts of Stecker and Thomas toward the end of last year. Point is I still don't consider it a 'need' position even with Deuce a question mark. Could be a nice rotation of backs hopefully including improved health.

deuce should be back by preseason, he got injured pretty early on in the season.

i think you are confusing him with mckenzie..

Something people need to think about. Deuce has absolutly been the face of the franchise since his second season. He has stood by the owner, front office his team mates. Especially this city, and of couse his home state of Mississippi. He was the first player in Mississippi and New Orleans after Katrina. The Saints owe him this contract because of his loyalty and character. There is only one other person on this team, with that type of loyalty and character. That would be Drew Brees.

I HOPE the Saints hang on to him. I think he has a lot left, assuming he re-habs, and stays healthy. The easy way to hedge is to re-structure, with some performance bonuses, giving him the opportunity to earn more in the next 2 years than his current contract calls for, if he has B+ or A- stats, that the team and his agent agree on.

As a simple example, if he gets 1200+ yards from scrimmage in 2008, he gets 90% of what his current contract calls for. If he gets 1200+ in 2008 and 2009, he earns 125% of what his current contract calls for in 2009.

I think Loomis/Bensen(s) value him on and off the field, and I think he wants to stay a Saint, and in the area... Re-structuring should be pretty easy.

I can't give up my source, but I heard that the organization is VERY confident that Deuce will be back. They say he is looking good so far and they have confidence that, because he had this injury before and came back well, he knows and will do what it takes to come all the way back again.

Something people need to think about. Deuce has absolutly been the face of the franchise since his second season. He has stood by the owner, front office his team mates. Especially this city, and of couse his home state of Mississippi. He was the first player in Mississippi and New Orleans after Katrina. The Saints owe him this contract because of his loyalty and character. There is only one other person on this team, with that type of loyalty and character. That would be Drew Brees.

yeah i agree this theory works Really Really Well!!!!

I mean, look how we kept Joe Horn, who was considered the fan favorite!!!!

:smilielol:

Another Deuce thread... another link to this video.

If he can come back to THIS form, we're gonna be smokin' in '08.

Link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=mF5WvK87vEM

:gosaints:

That would make me a very happy man... people always label him as a power guy, but he used to run a 4.4 in college. I had forgotten how fast he was. Ole Miss used to line him up in the slot and use him as a kick and punt returner.

can we bump every single deuce thread up relating to recovery of his injury and his strive to come back and contract restructuring and just have an admin bundle them all up into one Super duper universal thread to the 9th power? hey why not get Andrus to build a new Forum just to talk about just that subject?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom