So did Thomas visit or not? (1 Viewer)

between him and morgan, i prefer morgan (i like thomas too) but either would depend on the result of a physical and either contract would have incentives (to help protect us in case of injury)

between him and morgan, i prefer morgan (i like thomas too) but either would depend on the result of a physical and either contract would have incentives (to help protect us in case of injury)

Why would you prefer Morgan? Thomas is the better LB and is healthier. Morgan has never played more then 13 games in a season his entire career.

My reason behind wanting Morgan over Thomas is the nature of Thomas injury history. Getting 8 games out of morgan to see him go down will suck, but the likleyhood of a 35 year old MLB getting a concussion is pretty high. Zach cant afford anymore, Dan is younger.

But then i also see the reasoning that if either of them is going to be sidelined with injury, i would rather have Zach on the bench tutoring our younger LB's. That cannon ball is fundamentally sound and crazy smart.

My reason behind wanting Morgan over Thomas is the nature of Thomas injury history. Getting 8 games out of morgan to see him go down will suck, but the likleyhood of a 35 year old MLB getting a concussion is pretty high. Zach cant afford anymore, Dan is younger.

But then i also see the reasoning that if either of them is going to be sidelined with injury, i would rather have Zach on the bench tutoring our younger LB's. That cannon ball is fundamentally sound and crazy smart.

Morgan is only 29, but hes had several more concussions then Thomas. Morgan has played a total of 4 games in the past two years. I just don't see that changing. Thomas on the other hand did have a serious concussion, but thats his only serious injury of his career. He has played 26 games in the past 2 years.

Fair enough, guess im just under researched. And again, the likelyhood of these boys getting injured is very high, so with the new information im leaning towards Thomas. His mentoring would be invaluable, and if morgan has a concussion history then signing him over Thomas makes zero sense.

Fair enough, guess im just under researched. And again, the likelyhood of these boys getting injured is very high, so with the new information im leaning towards Thomas. His mentoring would be invaluable, and if morgan has a concussion history then signing him over Thomas makes zero sense.

Morgan was here Monday and we apperently didn't offer him a contract. I think that ship has sailed. But I could be wrong.

Where's that dude that claims to know ZT's sister? I jokingly always refer to him as Jason Taylor on here (Taylor is married to ZT's sister...)

I think we could really use Zack as a mentor if nothing else.Really counting on any player to play a whole season in the modern NFL is a little absurd.I would like to sign Zack to say a one or two year deal amounting in around 3 million a year,maybe more with incentives.WE would also need to draft a Stout Mlber on day one aswell.We need a fresh core of young guys around.

Just reported on the news that Zach did visit today.

Adam Schafter just mentioned that Thomas is going to make a "Texas Tour" up through next tuesday.

Adam Schafter just mentioned that Thomas is going to make a "Texas Tour" up through next tuesday.

Makes sense. All of the Cowboys staff are probably in Indianapolis for the combine. I guess he's headed back home until he can meet with the Cowgirls' staff next Tuesday.

soooooooo i wonder if we offered him a contract!!!!

Honestly, I doubt Thomas is in a hurry to sign anywhere.

Haven't heard from his sister. She promiced she would tell me as soon as something happened. The last she told me was the Pats made him a "great" offer. I told her to remind him of how cold it get's in New England.

Honestly, I doubt Thomas is in a hurry to sign anywhere.

He shouldn't be.......finishing his "tour" of interested teams will just force his price up. When it was rumored he was close to signing with the Pats all I thought was - he really wants to win a ring and is willing to skip the major FA payday and sign on the cheap with the Pats. Now it appears that ESPN jumped the gun with all reports of ZT close to putting pen to paper with the Pats (which is all too common). He may end up with the Pats but it'll be for more than they were willing to pay a few days ago........

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom