So everyone is saying Eli watched Archie play in the Dome.. (1 Viewer)

Professor

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Maybe Eli watched Archie standing on the sidelines for the last game he ever "played" in the Dome on November 17, 1983, when Eli was two-years-old and Archie was playing for the Vikings but did not play a snap, but prior to that Eli hadn't been born yet when Archie last actually played in the Dome.

Just shows what the "Talking Heads" don't know, as if seeing his dad play in the Dome somehow gives him incentive to win.

Puntz

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Being a resident, i'm sure he's been to a fair share of games..only point being is he won't be suprised by what the crowd is capable of. It's just a question of wheather he can function in it.

St. Guinness

back up punter
Reaction score
From a lot of the reports and articles I have read, Eli said that he had been to a lot of games that Archie was a commentating on, when him and Jim Henderson did all the local games.

GhostFace

Boom Box
Reaction score
Maybe Eli watched Archie standing on the sidelines for the last game he ever "played" in the Dome on November 17, 1983, when Eli was two-years-old and Archie was playing for the Vikings but did not play a snap, but prior to that Eli hadn't been born yet when Archie last actually played in the Dome.

Just shows what the "Talking Heads" don't know, as if seeing his dad play in the Dome somehow gives him incentive to win.
they are idiots.good call. I heard irving say it earlier, he even say eli watched his dad "win" in the dome all those years. Ha!

All The Way

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It's true that he never saw his dad play there.

Growing up in New Orleans, Eli Manning was at the Superdome countless times--never to see his father play or to play himself but to watch the New Orleans Saints play when Archie Manning was the team's radio color analyst from 1986-1997.

"(Eli) was too young to see me when I played for the Saints. Remember--I left here in 1982. Eli was a year old," said Archie. "He went to a billion games when I was doing the Saints broadcasts. Those were fun times."

http://www.neworleans.com/sports/saints/233422-no-hometown-headaches-for-mannings.html

All The Way

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, but Irving and the like have been saying all WEEK that he watched his dad play there and it will be an incentive for him.

Yep, I've seen that. I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just backing you up with a quote from Archie.

Six Saint

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score

No he did not. He said he went to the games as a kid when Archie was calling the games with Henderson

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom