So excited about the defense this year. (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
How long has it been since we looked so good on defense in game one? Against Brady in a crowdless dome, after such a crazy offseason.. I don't mean to get too excited, but it is extremely encouraging, as we typically start out really slow and give up tons of yards and points in the first few games. This shows me how special we can be this season, but that means no letting up. Anxiously looking forward to the Raiders. Going to be a tough matchup, but that's how we learn what we're made of. Hopefully the offense will help a little more!

I’m more excited about the defense than offense. Hoping we shut Jacobs down and continue our streak of not allowing a 100 yard rusher

EASILY!

The Defense will have to carry this team for most of the season. Coach might remember how to call plays again at some point, but the Defense and Special teams will take this team as far as they go.

The really exciting thing is that we clearly have tremendous depth on defense. This week will be a challenge due to Jacobs as he is a true stud, but I believe we will keep our under 100 yard streak alive once again. Now I am looking forward to Drew and the offense to get on track and light it up on MNF!

This years home opener was far different than last years where N.O had to squeak out a last second win against an average Texans team..

This year the only thing that saved Tampa from getting completely blown out was a ref reversal on a TD by Kamara. The Saints would have put up 40 points without a great offensive game. N.O's Defense did a great job of suffocating Tampas offense.

EASILY!

The Defense will have to carry this team for most of the season. Coach might remember how to call plays again at some point, but the Defense and Special teams will take this team as far as they go.

I definitely think they will have to shoulder the load in some games, but I do think the offense will find its rhythm at some point. We’ve got too many weapons to not be good. The main issue will be like last year, when the Vikings found our weakness and exploited the heck out of it. Hopefully Payton has got some crafty counters to inside pressure and stacked boxes. We have to push the ball deep to keep defenses honest. Even if it’s just a few deep passes a game, or letting Taysom step in to throw some bombs.

I don't want to get overly excited about it yet but I will say they looked good on Sunday and if they continue to play that way, the sky's the limit, they can be top 5 defense in the league this year and we can win alot of games.

Lets give it a few games before claiming the defense is better than our offense.
Every year defenses always seems to start faster no matter what league.
I say the Packers game will show maybe 60% of what we are capable of.

Lets give it a few games before claiming the defense is better than our offense.
Every year defenses always seems to start faster no matter what league.
I say the Packers game will show maybe 60% of what we are capable of.

Not disagreeing, but defenses don’t always come out starting fast, especially ours. We played uncharacteristically great for the opener, and that leaves me feeling pretty optimistic, but I know things can change, and the emotions of a season can be up and down week to week.

Not disagreeing, but defenses don’t always come out starting fast, especially ours. We played uncharacteristically great for the opener, and that leaves me feeling pretty optimistic, but I know things can change, and the emotions of a season can be up and down week to week.
I hear ya.
I'm just saying at the start of training camp, our team seems to say that our defense usually starts off faster than our offense, but I'm pretty sure that's every team.
With no preseason I feel like the best has yet to come.

I hear ya.
I'm just saying at the start of training camp, our team seems to say that our defense usually starts off faster than our offense, but I'm pretty sure that's every team.
With no preseason I feel like the best has yet to come.

Well, the hope is the defense keeps at this level and the offense gets better! If that happens, then.. dominance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom