So for the first time in 16 years we're going into the unknown (1 Viewer)

woohoosaint

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Brees retired last season...Payton retired this season.
The two faces of our organization for the past 16 years are completely gone.

The unknown right now is not knowing what our team is going to look like from here on out.
Do we hire our HC from within?
Do we hire a HC who isn't currently with the team?
Will Winston be our QB next season?
Will Taysom be our QB?
Will we draft a QB?

One thing's for sure is that there will be growing pains.

Last edited:
Brees retired last season...Payton retired this season.
The two faces of our organization for the past 16 years are completely gone.

The unknown right now is not knowing what our team is going to look like from here on out.
Do we hire our HC from within?
Do we hire a HC who isn't currently with the team?
Will Winston be our QB next season?
Will Taysom be our QB?
Will we draft a QB?

One thing's for sure is that there will growing pains.
I’m not falling for your subtle way of initiating a Winston vs Hill debate👀👀👀😆😆😆.

JK……I’m just going to roll with whatever the Saints brass decides. I’m just a fan

We will be ok... Sean built a winning culture here, and I highly doubt that the folks still in place will let it come apart. Have some faith.
This exactly. While it was maybe a shock to us, I doubt highly it was a shock to the front office. I doubt Payton walked into Loomis’ office and said yeah I’m done completely out of the blue. This has probably been talked about inside the brain trust for the last year at least.

Mother front office is still intact, as are your team leaders and the coaching staff. The nucleus of the team. It’s all still there, and there is no sane reason to tear apart the team for any great change. Elevate Allen, leave the coaching staff intact.

Well young fans and bandwagoners since 06 may start bailing this year. They have no idea of what we may be instore of.

The ripple effect on this can be earth shattering to the organization.

Promote from within is great for continuity, and if we keep winning we are still a FA destination. Start losing then keeping our on FA and attracting new ones will be difficult.

If Sean comes back in a year ot two, and we promote from within, what keeps them here and not jump ship a rejoin Sean at his new team which could gut the coaching staff, as well as FA leaving to rejoin their old head coach?

If we hire from outside the organization, plenty of coaches lose their jobs. (For that reason and continuity sale thats what I think DA gets the job).

Plus a new coach and coaching staff from outside the organization would have a lot of pressure to succeed immediately because of the standard set by Sean. Winning, attracting FA, discipline, retaining FA, etc. People around here have high expectations and will not accept poor coaching and losing.

So we keep the success going with some growing pains or do we returni to being the loveable lovers of the NFL? Time will tell, but the ride is going to be a little bumpy for a little while.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom